Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Review

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB Bobblehead Pros Review

Jayson Young wants to tell you all about the whimsy locked away in MLB Bobblehead Pros. Hit the link below to read his review of this downloadable baseball title.

Read More - MLB Bobblehead Pros Review
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
In the past week I've had more fun with this kiddish style baseball sim, than i have had with The Show or 2K the past 3 years!!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
In the past week I've had more fun with this kiddish style baseball sim, than i have had with The Show or 2K the past 3 years!!
This! I can even take it a step further and say I do not like Baseball at all. I think it is an incredibly boring sport. However, I am absolutely addicted to this game. It is a PERFECT balance of realism and fun. It makes even a boring sport like Baseball seem fun
Old 07-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14
This game is just FUN and addicting. That's what you want in a game that is fun and keeps you going to play it. I had The show the last couple years but didn't buy it this year.I just started to get bored with it last year. I even almost bout 2k's baseball game this year for a change. But i held off and glad i did because this game will hold me over for a year.

It looks kiddish but it gives you real stats and you can play a game in last than 30 mins. I give it a 9.0. This game made me bring out my 360. I converted over to ps3. 1st game i bought in 2 years

Last edited by babythug23; 07-18-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2
Goes to show these other developers that you can play a baseball game in under 20 minutes and still get realistic results.. This video game produces what people want, and that is a fun game that produces realistic results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7
Jayson, you can't fault the game for its fielding control and deduct points for it just because it's different from games you are used to. I cringed when you called it "poorly designed" because it works 100% flawlessly if you understand how it works.

Japanese baseball game makers do not use preloading on throws like American developers. In Bobblehead Pro, you field the ball first, and AFTER you make the catch, you press a button to throw to the base you want. There's no reason to press any buttons prior to the catch unless you are really trying to dive or jump. Once you understand that it is different from the American games and you put that muscle memory from the American control scheme behind, you shouldn't be giving up any runs due to "bad" fielding controls. The fielding, catching, and throwing portion of defense and the control behind them play perfectly on a technical level. The CPU screwing with you by choosing the wrong outfielders or whatever is a legit complaint though.

Last edited by MukaMuka; 07-19-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6
Dying for this to come out on PS3...!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Review

I'm still playing Power Pros 2007 on PS2, it's the best baseball series on the market...by far IMO. Yet to get bobblehead cause I really see no reason to get it yet, except for updated rosters. Will probably get it when it comes to PS3. My 360 don't have room for it anyways.

MukaMuka,
I agree with you on the fielding, nothing wrong with it IMO. In fact I think its more realistic to throw the ball after the catch is actually made, pre-loading is cool in other games but it aint really sim IMO. No pre-loads brings a lil more challenge to playing outfield. I love it this way!

Last edited by Earl1963; 07-19-2011 at 09:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »