Home

Madden NFL 12 Has Rated Four Players at 99. Overrated? Who Missed the Cut?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Has Rated Four Players at 99. Overrated? Who Missed the Cut? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Brady? Who won the Superbowl? Rodgers should be a 99.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Witten is probably pretty highly rated, but I think your link makes a case that Gates was better, just didn't play a full season. It took 6 more games for Witten to be just 218 yards and 7 first downs better, and despite that Gates still had more TDs and more receptions for 20+ yards.

In the end if Witten was relied on as much as Gates was, I'd agree with you. He's not, so Gates is better, on paper and on the field.
Donny rates by TD's Witten's 90 catch rating is a joke! Vernon Davis has even said Witten has the best hands of any WR/TE in the entire league. Witten is also the only TE with a shot at Tony Gonzalez all time TE catch record.

At the end of the day Donny obsesses over athletic TE's (see Jermichael FInley's premature rise and the fact that Vernon Davis is still in the high 90's along with Gates being a 99) he also seems to rate strictly on TD's?

This hurts a player like Witten whom in his system is blocking in the redzone. Donny disappoints yet again by giving Gates a 99 based purely off of speculation.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 12 Has Rated Four Players at 99, Overrated? Who Missed the Cut?

they're all overrated. No active player should be ranked over a 96. 97-99 ratings should be reserved for all-time greats like Deion, Barry, Payton and Jerry Rice.

Last edited by SIMstyle; 07-18-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
Rookie

robbiedizzle's Arena

OVR: 9
Nnamdi -

8 catches
30 attempts
137 yards
0 TDs

Revis -

28 catches
57 attempts
350 yards
4 TDs

revis and not Nnamdi is a joke! Must be caught up in the media hype of "revis Island" instead of actually paying attention.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I don't like them to rate players so high. I think the only person with the resume to be that high is Brady and I would like to see him at a 96.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedizzle
Nnamdi -

8 catches
30 attempts
137 yards
0 TDs

Revis -

28 catches
57 attempts
350 yards
4 TDs

revis and not Nnamdi is a joke! Must be caught up in the media hype of "revis Island" instead of actually paying attention.
Revis lined up against most the top WR's. He cover the left, right and slot and did it missing all off season workouts and with a bad hamstring.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Donny rates by TD's Witten's 90 catch rating is a joke! Vernon Davis has even said Witten has the best hands of any WR/TE in the entire league. Witten is also the only TE with a shot at Tony Gonzalez all time TE catch record.

At the end of the day Donny obsesses over athletic TE's (see Jermichael FInley's premature rise and the fact that Vernon Davis is still in the high 90's along with Gates being a 99) he also seems to rate strictly on TD's?

This hurts a player like Witten whom in his system is blocking in the redzone. Donny disappoints yet again by giving Gates a 99 based purely off of speculation.
Gates is better than more than just TDs though, you're trying to minimize the difference between the two to make your argument and it's just not the case. They're both very good, but on paper Gates is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Gates is better than more than just TDs though, you're trying to minimize the difference between the two to make your argument and it's just not the case. They're both very good, but on paper Gates is better.
I'm just saying Witten's catch should be in the high 90's not a flat 90. I will agree Gates is slightly better (athleticism) but Witten is a better route runner, has better hands and possibly is a better blocker. I'm just saying based off last seasons stats you can't really give either one of them the edge, they're apple's and oranges. I'd say 97-98 Witten and 98 Gates would be fair.

Now anyone care to explain why Ware hasn't earned the "coveted" 99 OVR rating as of yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »