Home

EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Included within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Included

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

According to CVG, EA Sports has signed an unprecedented Man City FIFA deal.

Quote:
EA Sports and Manchester City Football Club have announced an "unprecedented" deal that will see exclusive MCFC content appear in the FIFA series of games.

The deal, which was announced at EA Sports' campus in Vancouver this morning, "is unprecedented in both its scale and scope within the computer game industry", says the football club.

As part of the agreement, dedicated Man City content will be distributed through the Club and EA's digital channels, including MCFC 'match simulations' prior to real fixtures and "unique visuals of the City stars in action".

Probably much to the annoyance of fans of the unrecognisable Premier Leagues squads in EA's game, the FIFA firm's captured 360 degree 3D head scan shots of the entire Man City first team.

EA Sports will also give fans the opportunity to download an "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" prior to FIFA 12's September 30 release, and provide dedicated gaming areas around the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Includ

could be cool if do other teams.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Includ

PES here I come.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

What dows "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" mean?

If you aren't a City fan, I don't know how this would be interesting besides the specific faces.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #5

Bruins's Arena

Don't see anything negative about this, really...

Not that I care too much, but all it means is Man. City will utilize FIFA for simulations on their website as pre-game coverage, and from the deal we get really accurate player models/faces for Man City, an "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" (whatever that means... could they have worded it ANY worse?), and that there will be stations to play FIFA at Etihad Stadium.

Basically, nothing to see here... So no reason to bash EA for this like post #3 did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

IMO, they gonna alienate alot of die hard supporters of other epl teams and possibly miss out on some sales. I don't care much about the epl so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand how some fans will be turned off by this
Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
IMO, they gonna alienate alot of die hard supporters of other epl teams and possibly miss out on some sales. I don't care much about the epl so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand how some fans will be turned off by this
Yeah, I dont know about that. It's not like it will come out with Man City colors plastered all over the game.

Other than maybe Clichy's face being more noticeable there wont be much to it in the actual game.

It will be more like what Bruins said.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Yeah, I dont know about that. It's not like it will come out with Man City colors plastered all over the game.

Other than maybe Clichy's face being more noticeable there wont be much to it in the actual game.

It will be more like what Bruins said.
Yeah, probably not drop in sales. That probably is a bit extreme, but there will be complaining and whining for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »