Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Today we’re able to detail the upcoming NASCAR® The Game™ 2011 Downloadable Content (DLC) plans. In the coming weeks, the new DLC will be coming to PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® and will include the 2011 car models, with over 60 primary and secondary paint schemes, 2011 race schedule in Career Mode, 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ points system, 200’ MegaVision TV in Charlotte and repaved Daytona track. The DLC will allow gamers the chance to play through either the 2010 or 2011 seasons, giving them an unprecedented two full NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ seasons. Note that the newly constructed Kentucky Speedway has been included in the original game which launched on March 29. The DLC will be free for PlayStation®3 via PlayStation® Network and incorporated in to Patch 2. It will be available for download on Xbox 360 via Xbox Live released shortly after Patch 2 and will cost 160 Microsoft Points.

Please note that the game’s patches are free on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Official NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC trailer

It's a sick add on for sure.

Too bad people will go nuts when they figure out that there will be a charge for this dlc when the company has stated from day 1 that it would be free and used that fact as a tool to try and promote sales of the game.

All that being said I've bought worse add ons for more points.

I will buy it to complete the game and it will be the last time I spend 1 cent on anything these guys put out.

The bad PR over the patch taking 2 months longer than it should have and now charging for this after stating it would be free.

They should have held this game until now and put the 2011 stuff on the disk and they could have given us a complete game to play.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
It's a sick add on for sure.

Too bad people will go nuts when they figure out that there will be a charge for this dlc when the company has stated from day 1 that it would be free and used that fact as a tool to try and promote sales of the game.

All that being said I've bought worse add ons for more points.

I will buy it to complete the game and it will be the last time I spend 1 cent on anything these guys put out.

The bad PR over the patch taking 2 months longer than it should have and now charging for this after stating it would be free.

They should have held this game until now and put the 2011 stuff on the disk and they could have given us a complete game to play.
Agreed Rich...this has been one big cluster...and this 360 charge for the DLC is just another kick in the nuts. It's Microsoft that is forcing them to charge for it, but at this point, I don't think it really matters bro. I will also buy it, and to be honest, I will buy next years game too. There is a lot of good in this game, but just so much negativity to go along with it.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

And now they're charging for it?

Oh.

My.

God.

I don't care what the reason is. If that possibility even existed, they should have kept their traps shut about the "free DLC" when the game was being released. It just stinks of more over-promising and under-delivering, which is a proven method of sinking your product.

These guys seriously need to hire some new blood to come in there and help make some of the decisions for them. What information to release, how to navigate a PR disaster, etc.

It's just one cluster after another with this development team. I don't know what's worse--that they've been so bad with all of this, or that I still have the damn game and keep checking the threads and information because I want it to be playable so badly.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

So wait, the DLC pack that's been promoted as FREE since launch date is now going to cost us... Hell, its well over a month late as it is as well. Plus there still isn't a patch to make this game playable. Unbelievable. Just one thing after another with this title. They would have been best to just not release this mess. I know it's only what, like $2 or something stupid like that, but still... the fact remains, I've had this game since March 29, played it for a few weeks, if that, its sat around waiting for its 3 month patch, and 3 month later DLC, and now theyre going to charge me for something that's been promoted as free all along??? Sounds awfully fishy to me... Think I may just hang onto this one and trade it in for Madden. Enough is enough with this game. I'm not a big online gamer, and it's not like this game itself is deep enough to play for a long period of time anyways with its one and done "career" mode.

Oh hell, what am I saying... I'll probably still end up getting it, but not until after the patch drops and I can see if this game is worth hanging on to, I think it will be, but the way things have gone to date, who really knows?

It's a shame its all worked out this way for Eutechnyx, underneath it all is the really solid foundation for a great nascar game. I don't think many will be able to look past this ordeal though when NTG2012 comes along in a few months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

What chaps my hide is that I bought this game on xbox due to the fact that I don't have a wheel for my ps3.

Cant use the wheel due to the force feedback burning up wheels and now I get to pay 2 more dollars.

Should have bought the PS3 version and played with the game pad as that's what I ended up doing anyway...lol

Assuming the quality of the patch and what it fixes is also not a lie...This game could have been well received if they would have held it back to release with the start of the chase.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Something isn't right with this whole deal. MS has a policy that DLC cannot be charged for if it's available for free on another system. So even if MS was forcing the charge of it, then it's the developers then violating that and allowing it to be free on another system. Something is very fishy about the whole deal.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
And now they're charging for it?

Oh.

My.

God.

I don't care what the reason is. If that possibility even existed, they should have kept their traps shut about the "free DLC" when the game was being released. It just stinks of more over-promising and under-delivering, which is a proven method of sinking your product.

These guys seriously need to hire some new blood to come in there and help make some of the decisions for them. What information to release, how to navigate a PR disaster, etc.

It's just one cluster after another with this development team. I don't know what's worse--that they've been so bad with all of this, or that I still have the damn game and keep checking the threads and information because I want it to be playable so badly.
Lol, I think your post just summed up how I feel about all of this. *I just donated 159 points to your Pay Pal*

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »