Home

EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Included within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't see why anyone's complaining..?

The 360 degree 3D head modelling is done to many teams in the game, so that's not an exclusive for Man City.
And the only other thing is the clubs area being Man City themed if you want...

And everyone gets to have it if they want, so... You people are just unbelievably stupid if your bashing EA for this as it benefits everyone, just more so Man City fans... you lose nothing. Quit being so mindlessly pathetic.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Includ

The one thing that I found negative is that PES couldn't sign Man City to appear in their games.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #11
Rookie

Goblowsoup's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Signs Exclusive Man City FIFA Deal, DLC Coming to FIFA 12, Video Includ

I only bashed it due to some experiences with false promises from EA. Certain aspects of the game that are left out or required to be downloaded for full enjoyment. Games like Battlefield that make you pay $15 for DLC which ends up only being a few MB download. This is obvious proof that it is already on the game, just that they want more money. As with that instance, Tiger Woods has done the same over the past few years. Take this years game and you have enough DLC that you could buy the game twice and since the courses are already built into the "Road to the Masters" mode, there's a good chance the disc already has those DLC's on them.

When I read this story originally all I could think of was "great, another way for EA to nickle and dime me". Sure, maybe they won't...not yet, but maybe one day they will with FIFA. Sorry if it seemed like I was trolling. I've played one full PES game in the past 5 years, but each year the demo impresses me more and more but not to the point that it replaces FIFA in my catalog. I'm a huge fan of the FIFA series as far back as I can remember. And sure, it's cool for Man City to have this, but shouldn't they kind of treat each team this way. Shouldn't this dedication and authenticity be there for all of the teams. At least all of the big "leagues" out there. I'm certain not a lot of people care about random teams from Switzerland...but we all want the biggest players, and the biggest teams/leagues to get this respect and quality.

Sorry for such the long post, just felt the need to defend my complaining and whining early on today. I understand that sometimes when an opinion is in the minority, the majority will think you're a troll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 33
Why would a game that features a heap of licensed Leagues/Teams decide to focus on 1 single club so heavily? Maybe EA feels that there is a large segment of Man City fans that they can attract to the FIFA market.
More likely this is a decision pushed not by EA but by Manchester City Football Club. Man City are a team who have been invested in heavily by their owners & who are trying to turn them into the Premierships next best thing. Maybe this is the owners way of pushing the teams global appeal.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Why would a game that features a heap of licensed Leagues/Teams decide to focus on 1 single club so heavily? Maybe EA feels that there is a large segment of Man City fans that they can attract to the FIFA market.
More likely this is a decision pushed not by EA but by Manchester City Football Club. Man City are a team who have been invested in heavily by their owners & who are trying to turn them into the Premierships next best thing. Maybe this is the owners way of pushing the teams global appeal.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

This is non news for non Man City fans. It's a shame that the youth players don't get face scanning either tbh.

Hopefully they engineer likewise deals with numerous teams, but again, this is more gloss and has little to no impact on the quality of the game and subsequent enjoyment of it.

Only way this would be annoying was if Man City stuff was plastered all over the menus etc.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think Man City pursued this. May be a long shot but with UEFA Fair Play rules coming into affect very soon City has to find ways to balance the budget so to speak. Signing this deal with EA will bring the club more money (and exposure).

I really think this is also a move to brand Man City as a "hip" team. FIFA sells very well in North America and if a newbie soccer fan sees a team like Man City getting this attention they may jump aboard the sky blue band wagons...

Anyways...Go Chelsea! The original New Money club!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »