Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #17
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included

They state they have never put out free DLC before and was not made aware of this policy.

Still their fault though for not ironing that out way ahead of time though.

But I don't think their lying. If they were doing it for the $ they would charge for PS3 as well. But in regards to microsoft, usually you plan out a set of DLC for the length of the title, then you can hash out what's going to be free and what's not and the price structure, cuts etc.

I think someone just didn't check/double check the setup, or microsoft wasn't made aware of eurotech's plans and didn't tell them till recently of their policy on dlc.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
After all this time and the cluster it became I am absolutely shocked that they are charging for this.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #19
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC 160 MS Points For 360, Free For PS3 - Trailer Included

Well they definitely stumbled with making this game and putting out the patches and DLC. However, I will be the first to give them praise if the patch fixes a majority of the bugs that make the game unplayable. It is obvious they bit of more than they could handle. What they do have is hopefully a base to making next year's game much better. They only problem is that others and I will be gun shy when their next installment drops.

I also think I will avoid watching or reading many of their interviews as they talked a big game and failed miserably. This is one case where they made EA look good as I don't think EA has hyped and failed to this degree before. They probably had promises out to Nascar of when they were going to release. Heck they probably had promises out to everyone and then ran in circles not knowing what to do. There is one thing that I learned out of all of this:

Eutechnyx is not a first day purchase. I will always divert to reviews especially from this forum before buying another product from them. Even getting this game for I think around $40 the first week was still over priced.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Well they definitely stumbled with making this game and putting out the patches and DLC. However, I will be the first to give them praise if the patch fixes a majority of the bugs that make the game unplayable. It is obvious they bit of more than they could handle. What they do have is hopefully a base to making next year's game much better. They only problem is that others and I will be gun shy when their next installment drops.

I also think I will avoid watching or reading many of their interviews as they talked a big game and failed miserably. This is one case where they made EA look good as I don't think EA has hyped and failed to this degree before. They probably had promises out to Nascar of when they were going to release. Heck they probably had promises out to everyone and then ran in circles not knowing what to do. There is one thing that I learned out of all of this:

Eutechnyx is not a first day purchase. I will always divert to reviews especially from this forum before buying another product from them. Even getting this game for I think around $40 the first week was still over priced.
That's a good post, Rules.

The patch: It's so enormous and sweeping, including a lot of additions that players were requesting in the Eutech forums...not just fixes. I can appreciate that it's so comprehensive and has the potential to be a 'game changer' in the literal sense, and that it seems to have been tested and retested exhaustively to make sure it doesn't re-break the game.

However, I'm forced to agree that the game did get overhyped, and even post-patch will likely not live up to it's promise. But I do have high hopes that NTG12 will shape up nicely IF the NTG11 patch pours the concrete for the foundation successfully.

I also think Activision forced Eutech to release this game before they were ready...I think a similar thing happened with F1 2010's release, which required some significant patching but turned out really good in the end...and didn't take as long to do. And frankly, F1 was more 'done' out of the box than NTG was.

DLC: This was a very well-intentioned freebie that turned into a last-minute snafu with the 160 point charge. I'm still giving Eutech the benefit of the doubt that this was levied my MS, BUT Eutech should have made certain that it WOULD be released as free before repeatedly beating the drum about it. So, 60% on M$ for this stupid policy, and 40% on Eutech for not making sure free DLC would go thru as they wanted it to, not doublechecking M$'s policies.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

In my honest opinion, I truly think this is what happened.

You had NASCAR give the rights to a company that has never made a game like this before--Why?, because Ed Martin was on board. Ed Martin headed NASCAR projects for EA, Papy, and Hasbro. I think you have a case of Ed wanting to blow the public away with this game, and it was just too much to handle in such a short time. Why else would see a game with so much promise, but fell short in some areas. I think they tried to fit way too much into the first iteration, and ran out of time. If their first release would have been NASCAR 12, I think we would have seen a much different project, and the people would be praising Eutes for such a solid title.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 07-19-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Very likely. The handling model under the hood is fantastic. It's like they spent 80% of the development time working on the handling...which is a good thing in my opinion. If you can only get one thing absolutely right in a game, make sure it's the handling.

Unfortunately for Eutechnyx, they took that literally. They just about managed to only get one thing right.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #23
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Very likely. The handling model under the hood is fantastic. It's like they spent 80% of the development time working on the handling...which is a good thing in my opinion. If you can only get one thing absolutely right in a game, make sure it's the handling.

Unfortunately for Eutechnyx, they took that literally. They just about managed to only get one thing right.
As least that portion of game is correct. Who cares if we have a fleshed out career or an incredibly deep online portion, if the game drives and feels horrible. You can see the infrastructure in the game for everything they wanted to do, but it's just not there. I am hoping that 12 will produce the game, that 11 should have been. I will continue to support this company, even though there have been some massive mistakes...WHY?--because I think they really do care about the product immensely, and want their customers to have the best NASCAR game they have ever played.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #24
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Unreal, seriously? This is an absolute kick in the junk to their consumers. Ive never had a problem with paying for DLC, even if it "was supposed to be in the game originally", but this is just to another level. After broken promises all throughout the patch ordeal, the one thing you should have been true to was the DLC for free that you pumped about so much in generating sales. Disappointed with Eutechnyx and especially Dave for that bold face lie about DLC not being able to be free. SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »