Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Gamespot)

^^ 23 is some psychic...
Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

^^LOL

Anyways, this sounds great. I didn't think they could improve any more on last year's game, but if this is true...wow.

Now, with all we heard today, I'm really hyped for this game. It's up there with Mass Effect 3 as my most anticipated game coming out between now and next year.

- Michael Jordan
Old 07-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
Players jumping for rebounds already have a stupid animation, where they knock it out of bounds failing to catch the ball. SMH. Now scrubs are just going to just drop off. rebounds? The only reason guys lose the offensive rebounds is because they bring it down from above their head, where they had a height advantage to below their waist, where smaller players now have the advantage because they can easily slap the ball out of his hands, especially if their dribbling. I hope this just doesn't happen automatically.
U make it sound like every scrub will lose the rebound every time...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
Players jumping for rebounds already have a stupid animation, where they knock it out of bounds failing to catch the ball. SMH. Now scrubs are just going to just drop off. rebounds? The only reason guys lose the offensive rebounds is because they bring it down from above their head, where they had a height advantage to below their waist, where smaller players now have the advantage because they can easily slap the ball out of his hands, especially if their dribbling. I hope this just doesn't happen automatically.
Don't try to dissect every sentence 2K says cause in that case you'll read something negative into everything.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 07-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Never read too much into a gamespot preview, how they can call this "hands on" is beyond me. It sounds like he watched 30 seconds of gameplay.

Keep in mind Gamespot doesn't necessarily have guys who are NBA fans reviewing their games, you can tell by much of the terminology that's used when describing situations. I mean..."begin a counterattack"? Did he just parry his roundhouse?

I believe it was a Gamespot reviewer who was upset with 2K10 or 11 because his players wouldn't "dunk everything like NBA players do". LOL

From Gamespots 2k11 Review "Even though Michael Jordan is no better than a benchwarmer in NBA 2K11".

Riiiiiight.

Last edited by JWiLL02; 07-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

did they really say that?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
MVP

infam0us's Arena

Hopefully making the hands important for rebounding means that players now box out and its not all about vert. Hopefully its now about positioning so guys like Randolph and Love who get two inches off the floor can be rebounding machines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
Pro

TalenT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Never read too much into a gamespot preview, how they can call this "hands on" is beyond me. It sounds like he watched 30 seconds of gameplay.

Keep in mind Gamespot doesn't necessarily have guys who are NBA fans reviewing their games, you can tell by much of the terminology that's used when describing situations. I mean..."begin a counterattack"? Did he just parry his roundhouse?

I believe it was a Gamespot reviewer who was upset with 2K10 or 11 because his players wouldn't "dunk everything like NBA players do". LOL

From Gamespots 2k11 Review "Even though Michael Jordan is no better than a benchwarmer in NBA 2K11".

Riiiiiight.
My heart damn near stopped when I read that.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »