Home

Yet Another Jordan Comeback?

This is a discussion on Yet Another Jordan Comeback? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Yet Another Jordan Comeback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I'm a BIG BIG hopeful fan of historic recreation in sports video games. It's more fun for me to change the course of history rather than to predict the future at times. I always seem to tire in a dynasty when it gets to year e.g. 2019 and onwards when stars are declining and new random players are growing. But imagine starting at 2003 and changing the course of history, how would YOUR NBA look in 2011 if you could change things and watch players grow.
I'm with you there. I tend to really enjoy my Franchise through the first year, but I've lost interest as the seasons move into the future (and as things get much more hypothetical and fantastical). I mean, I totally see the draw and I definitely fully understand why people would enjoy such a mode, but I think I was much more interested in the classic teams in 2K11.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

What I would love is if they had one of the Wizards as a classic team and made it so 39-year-old MJ doesn't retire after the first season every time. I ended up tweaking his age to 33 so I could squeeze a few good years out of him but felt a little weird, considering how dominant he was at that age.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

What a pessimistic write-up. Especially when it involves three of the greatest players to have ever played in the NBA. Giving non-Bulls fans a choice, especially when it is two huge markets like Boston and Los Angeles, while retaining Jordan's likeness for 3 more seasons is huge. Now, we could conceivably see decade/legend teams with his "Airness" included. Hopefully, so how 2K can bring even more legendary players back into their titles like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, etc. This is a great move and makes total sense with the lockout likely cutting into the season and hurting current players images.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14
Interesting choice.... Bird and Johnson games worth more maybe?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
What a pessimistic write-up. Especially when it involves three of the greatest players to have ever played in the NBA. Giving non-Bulls fans a choice, especially when it is two huge markets like Boston and Los Angeles, while retaining Jordan's likeness for 3 more seasons is huge. Now, we could conceivably see decade/legend teams with his "Airness" included. Hopefully, so how 2K can bring even more legendary players back into their titles like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, etc. This is a great move and makes total sense with the lockout likely cutting into the season and hurting current players images.
I agree 100%. How can you claim to be a fan of the NBA and not want to experience and enjoy some of the history that made it what it is today?

For some reason that article just really annoyed me. I mean Griffin really? Apparently ChaseB you have no real love of the game and no sense of history. I hope 2k doesn't look to your opinion in shaping their games.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Blake Griffin aint ready for this kind of a follow up... and that pic would be a horrible cover. The viewpoint is awful for a cover and frankly come on man, just because you thought it might be a good idea to put Magic Bird and MJ on the cover doesn't mean its a let down

Some of my bball game imaginations have come to realization. Who in the NBA has the marketing power of these guys? These are the same dudes who not only raised the bar to the standard, but they took the game popular worldwide

..but Blake Griffin? Just because he dunks?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Meh article. I like this direction they are going and I really don't think the cover has anything to do with what is in the game with exception to a few features I more than likely will not play. Chise and MP for me. Cover athletes are irrelevant in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

Wasn't feeling the article myself. I think given the situation, going with co-cover athletes in Jordan/Bird/Magic was easily the logical choice. 2K11 has consistently charted top 10 NPD since it's release. I don't think any sports game can claim that type of sales consistency. It benefited from there being no NBA Live of course. But still a remarkable accomplishment. Makes no sense to make an immediate left turn away from what was wildly successful; makes better sense to try to build on that success - which is what they appear to be doing.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »