Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Blue~ can you go to one of the short tracks and see how the game plays with the patch? Just curious if that mess with the lights, cautions, pits is all resolved.
Yep, I will go to Bristol and Marty and see. report back in a 30 mins. with some results.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #10
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

This is great news:

"you will get kicked for driving backwards or rough driving buddy of mine hit the wall or was trying to wal ride and he got kicked for rough driving. raced one at watkins glen somebody cut the s curve and it game them a 11sec delay, said it slowed his car down real bad for 11secs"
Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Yep, I will go to Bristol and Marty and see. report back in a 30 mins. with some results.
Can't wait to hear more patch reports from you Bob. Still debating if I should pick this back up now after dumping this game like a woman who gave me the itchy and scratchies.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Blue~ can you go to one of the short tracks and see how the game plays with the patch? Just curious if that mess with the lights, cautions, pits is all resolved.
OK Did a 40 lapper at Bristol on very hard, and it was tough, but a good time. You really have to allow for space for the AI to race on the outside. If you press it too hard in the corners, you are going to cause caution after caution. If you race clean and methodically, you can turn lap after lap of hard, intense racing. I worked my way up to 28th by lap 20, but then I caused a caution by clipping a car's front nose with my tail.

After caution, worked my up to 18th, but it was hard to pass at this point. Then I caused another caution, and had to pit, cause my tires were gone. I ended up finishing 26th, and probably only had a top 15 car.

Bottom line: If you race clean, and allow space for the AI, Bristol can be some of the best racing I have found. If you want to race like a fool, and blame the AI for cutting you off(when really it was you who cause it) then it still can be a mess.

Quote:
This is great news:

"you will get kicked for driving backwards or rough driving buddy of mine hit the wall or was trying to wal ride and he got kicked for rough driving. raced one at watkins glen somebody cut the s curve and it game them a 11sec delay, said it slowed his car down real bad for 11secs"
This is very good news Rules.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 07-22-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
OK Did a 40 lapper at Bristol on very hard, and it was tough, but a good time. You really have to allow for space for the AI to race on the outside. If you press it too hard in the corners, you are going to cause caution after caution. If you race clean and methodically, you can turn lap after lap of hard, intense racing. I worked my way up to 28th by lap 20, but then I caused a caution by clipping a car's front nose with my tail.

After caution, worked my up to 18th, but it was hard to pass at this point. Then I caused another caution, and had to pit, cause my tires were gone. I ended up finishing 26th, and probably only had a top 15 car.

Bottom line: If you race clean, and allow space for the AI, Bristol can be some of the best racing I have found. If you want to race like a fool, and blame the AI for cutting you off(when really it was you who cause it) then it still can be a mess.

This is very good news Rules.
Awesome, can't wait for the PS3 patch which will have the DLC built into it.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A’s Post Patch
Q. Why are the cautions still not working after the patch?
A. The caustions are working you just need to select the correct option in the 'CHOOSE A RACE' menu. There are two options:

Casual - Damage - Cosmetic, Caution Flags - Off, Driver Assists - On, Custom Setups - Off
Hardcore - Damage - Full, Caution Flags - On, Driver Assists - Off, Custom Setups - On

By default the selected option is Casual and this means that Caution Flags will be set to off all you need to do is select Hardcore and Caution Flags will be set to on.

Q. Why am I being kicked from the lobby just before the race starts?
A.
What the game now does is just before a race starts it checks to see if everybody can see each other and if there is somebody who has a bad connection in the lobby that some players can't see the game will remove that player. A way to resolve this problem is to ensure that your NAT is set to OPEN you can find a guide on how to do this HERE
Old 07-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #15
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I can deal with most of the stuff if it will no longer BURN UP MY FF WHEEL!!!!

Is there anybody that has tried it with the MS Wheel? I'd get grinding sounds and loss of FF after a few laps any time I did, which is the primary reason I shelved it for months. If the AI still has a few braking point issues, I can deal with that...hell, NR2003 had loads of those.

But if I can't drive it with a wheel because it'll blow up, I'm not even going to trade this in for fear of somebody else getting it. I'm going to use a blowtorch and melt the disc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #16
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I can deal with most of the stuff if it will no longer BURN UP MY FF WHEEL!!!!

Is there anybody that has tried it with the MS Wheel? I'd get grinding sounds and loss of FF after a few laps any time I did, which is the primary reason I shelved it for months. If the AI still has a few braking point issues, I can deal with that...hell, NR2003 had loads of those.

But if I can't drive it with a wheel because it'll blow up, I'm not even going to trade this in for fear of somebody else getting it. I'm going to use a blowtorch and melt the disc.
Well I read over at the other forums that some are experiencing their wheel sawing back and forth during the caution laps. Not sure if this is going to be a problem or their version of keeping the tires heated up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »