Home

Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #17
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings: Top Quarterbacks

I've always thought Ryan Mallet would be a solid if not above average quarterback in the NFL. He has all the tools in my opinion. But, potential doesn't always pan out. I think all of the ratings are accurate as of right now.

- Chuck Noll
Old 07-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 37
It amazes me that EA always puts who goes 1st as who will be rated higher, Ryan mallet had a better chance of going top 10 then maybe only Cam Newton, who i think it will be funny when there in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes when they only win 2 games this year. But if Mallet goes 8 overall he's probably a 76 ovr, but since he went in the 3rd round he's a 69, only Gabbert and Newton(speed and throw power, not much else) were better than Mallet. Now the Pats do have trade bait, which Brian Hoyer as a coveted backup, who teams want, or Mallet a 1st round talent, they could trade either one and get top picks for either, but i bet Mallet stays bc he stands in the pocket and has a cannon arm, maybe a 98 throw power when this game releases. I just dont see how they have so many qb's rated above him when he was clearly better than those ahead of him.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
Rookie

gohogsfan14's Arena

OVR: 1

Ill admit ive never really understood the hype on gabbert though. I watched the nebraska-missouri game since it was on last night and he was underwhelming. I guess he has potential though
Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah, I agree Mallet got shafted a bit. Off topic, I think the ginger from TCU or Mallett will end up being the best QBs from this class, although I think Cam will be fine in the NFL too.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
I will boldly predect that Colin Kaepernick emerges as the best QB to come out of this class.
yup and not many folks know about him.

IMO I think he is the fastest QB in the league right now...he has a long stride but is still deceivingly quick. Vick seems to have slowed down a bit.

I hope he has a 90 something speed rating ..I mean look at the kid, almost everyone else on the field looks slower. I know this is college, but the guy is fast. And he had one of the strongest arms in the draft.

The thing I love about this kid so far is his confidence. Everything he has said in interviews has impressed me. If the 9ers have a true QB competition, I expect Colin to win it. Alex has never won a legit QB competition with my 9ers.

Colin Kaepernick
Gore/Kendel Hunter (kid plays amazing on the field)
Vernon Davis/Walker
Crabtree/Ginn etc

looking forward to having Kaepernick, with Gore, Hunter, Dixon in the backfield

Last edited by Afrikan; 07-22-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 16
as far as playing the game cam is the best football playerout of the rookie QBs but not the best QB drafted i think blaine is but only time will tell you never really know with these rookie QBs
Old 07-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
Rookie

gohogsfan14's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
yup and not many folks know about him.

IMO I think he is the fastest QB in the league right now...he has a long stride but is still deceivingly quick. Vick seems to have slowed down a bit.

I hope he has a 90 something speed rating ..I mean look at the kid, almost everyone else on the field looks slower. I know this is college, but the guy is fast. And he had one of the strongest arms in the draft.

The thing I love about this kid so far is his confidence. Everything he has said in interviews has impressed me. If the 9ers have a true QB competition, I expect Colin to win it. Alex has never won a legit QB competition with my 9ers.

Colin Kaepernick
Gore/Kendel Hunter (kid plays amazing on the field)
Vernon Davis/Walker
Crabtree/Ginn etc

looking forward to having Kaepernick, with Gore, Hunter, Dixon in the backfield
well, it is the WAC :P

but really he is a fun player to watch. Really strong arm and pretty smart...I think he'll be pretty good
Old 07-23-2011, 01:34 AM   #24
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
It amazes me that EA always puts who goes 1st as who will be rated higher, Ryan mallet had a better chance of going top 10 then maybe only Cam Newton, who i think it will be funny when there in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes when they only win 2 games this year. But if Mallet goes 8 overall he's probably a 76 ovr, but since he went in the 3rd round he's a 69, only Gabbert and Newton(speed and throw power, not much else) were better than Mallet. Now the Pats do have trade bait, which Brian Hoyer as a coveted backup, who teams want, or Mallet a 1st round talent, they could trade either one and get top picks for either, but i bet Mallet stays bc he stands in the pocket and has a cannon arm, maybe a 98 throw power when this game releases. I just dont see how they have so many qb's rated above him when he was clearly better than those ahead of him.
I'm not sure if you heard or not, but you don't got 2-14 with good head coach and a gameplan.

John Fox was a decent coach in his time in Carolina, but last year he and his staff where a lame duck coaching staff with the lockout looming and the Panthers trying to get their house in order to come out sparkling after it was over.

I'm not going to rehash this hole argument again, but to sum it up Carolina will turn it around quickly thanks to a hole lot of talent and a better game plan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »