Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Im sorry i might be in the minority. But this what is suppose to make us forget about the lack of work in the online franchise mode?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandryst
Im sorry i might be in the minority. But this what is suppose to make us forget about the lack of work in the online franchise mode?
No, the League Manager tool they worked on with EA is supposed to alleviate some of that loss. This is a revolutionizing way of playing sports games online. I'm sure next year they are going to add a lot in Online Franchise, but they added so much this year already and I'm sorry if you're an Online Franchise or bust guy but there's only so much they can add in one year. I honestly can't think of any sports game that has made more additions in just one year than Madden 12 has.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

eh, disappoints me more than anything that they can create all these options and sliders for these new lobbies but still can't add them to OF, oh well.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10
Just another way to prove EA IS listening to it's fan base. Bravo EA! I completely avoided online in the past, maybe this is the year I give it a try.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #13

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandryst
That's how I feel. Will next year bring an excuse that says, "We did some looking around at who was playing what and came to teh conclusion that communities just didn't have the appeal we anticipated...?"

I actually like the concept of communities, but the fact that Online Franchise was kicked to the curb is annoying.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
eh, disappoints me more than anything that they can create all these options and sliders for these new lobbies but still can't add them to OF, oh well.
I'm tempted to run our league through the OLC feature now that I know what it is. The only thing would be keeping up with (individual player stats etc).

I mean most leagues have their own salary systems, forums, etc. but now we could potentially tweak each slider which can ultimately impact gameplay on a huge level in an effort to promote even more realism. I suppose league staff would have to create a schedule, but now we could have a flex schedule and give guys a month to get them in without having to rely on advance dates/times multiple times per week.

I'm honestly intrigued by this but would like to see it "live" first, before I get to far into the thought process.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

eh again, just watched the vid and looked through screen shots, and it appears that there is not an actual way to stop people from cheesing in sim lobbies. You just have to trust them to play sim. No "fairplay" options are available, just sliders and game options. Doesn't really do anything for me, personally. Oh well.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
eh again, just watched the vid and looked through screen shots, and it appears that there is not an actual way to stop people from cheesing in sim lobbies. You just have to trust them to play sim. No "fairplay" options are available, just sliders and game options. Doesn't really do anything for me, personally. Oh well.
There's an option to make the community invite only (which is like what mine will be as I look to expand beyond my friends list and OLF's), so a room for OS could be set to private and a member would have to be invited and potentially have their OS account verified for admission. Also if a cheeser slides in they can always be booted by a Community Manager (not just the creator) much like Mods to a forum.

So you could probably stand to be a bit more optimistic regarding the potential this offers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »