Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

My problem is EA simply does not know how to streamline things. They like to put everything on the user to make things work. I honestly feel like this is another half hearted, half finished mode. If someone is cheesing I have to message whoever the group admin is, and hope that he kicks him and doesn't think I am just being a sore loser. But by that point I already quit or lost a game, or even won a cheesy game, which the whole point of these lobbies is to avoid that.

All of that headache when EA could just add options in their menu to have standard rules. That is what I was expecting, but I guess that was way to optimistic for EA Sports.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #18
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
That's how I feel. Will next year bring an excuse that says, "We did some looking around at who was playing what and came to teh conclusion that communities just didn't have the appeal we anticipated...?"

I actually like the concept of communities, but the fact that Online Franchise was kicked to the curb is annoying.
Couldn't you make an online franchise with online communities though? Or an OTP online franchise?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #19
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

For one year..there would be no trades or draft or progression or injuries, no thanks.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #20
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

You have to try and think outside the box with this. If you aren't creative or willing to have imagination, than this won't do much for you. I like it though. There are 1000's of possibilities on what you can do.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #21
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

seems like online communties was made for specifically for websites like OS, pastapadre, mymaddenpad or whatever, etc.. I almost get the feeling that aside from the few thousands that are in these communities the other millions of people that buy the game the online communities will be irrelevant to them.. leaving plenty of lobbies made in the first month or whatever but afterwards they are just sitting there empty with nothing going on, kinda like disfunctional online franchises they have online now people start but wont finish..communities there but no one in them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #22

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
Couldn't you make an online franchise with online communities though? Or an OTP online franchise?
Maybe, but right across the street NCAA 12 has their online dynasty with improvements in newer installments. With doing the OF through communities, you will have to create your own trading rules, drafting procedures and other off season adjustments. and the biggest issue would be no simulated rookie class or player progression.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

no community tournament???
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #24
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm excited to see the OTP part of the communities. Hopefully its not a half hearted attempt to be "clubs". I would love to see the OTP in Madden evolve and be a great feature like in NHL and FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »