Home

NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #9
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Great, sales are up! Now quit boasting, and go fix the bugs!

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #10
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Glad to see this game is doing well. Def deserves it.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #11
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Good. I hope this shows EA that my listening to the fans they can improve their game, and get great sales at the same time.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm happy that the game is selling well, it's by far the greatest football game ever to be put on a console and deserves it IMO. And with this years game adding much better defense I think it goes to show the public wants balanced play more than offensive score-fest of years past. I also hope that with increased sales that EA is under increased pressure to address the litany of bugs that have plagued this title..
I don't know if it passes some of the NCAA's on last gen, but I have no problem saying that NCAA 12 is the best playing football game (ie between the white lines) that has been released on next gen. Not a lot of hyperbole in that statement. That said, when you delve deeper into the various options and modes there are a litany of issues that need to be addressed. I take solace in the fact that Madden 11 got patched 5 times last year, and form what I heard was playing pretty good after patch 5, so I hope that NCAA can get to that point in far fewer patched.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
the longer it take for the patch to come out the better the game will be , so I'm thinking that ea is busted their butts off to satisfy the fans by trying to make a perfect game but I think the patch will be out sometime this week or next week hopefully.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #13
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm happy the sales are up because I feel college is always overlooked and should be played by all but sad because this game is heavily flawed and if a little community such as OS see this then what about the masses. I hope they build on the success and continue to strive to make a better game each year.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yes.

I don't know if it passes some of the NCAA's on last gen, but I have no problem saying that NCAA 12 is the best playing football game (ie between the white lines) that has been released on next gen. Not a lot of hyperbole in that statement. That said, when you delve deeper into the various options and modes there are a litany of issues that need to be addressed. I take solace in the fact that Madden 11 got patched 5 times last year, and form what I heard was playing pretty good after patch 5, so I hope that NCAA can get to that point in far fewer patched.
Saying "NCAA 12 is the best playing football game (ie between the white lines) that has been released on next gen" is like saying "Barbie Horse Adventures 3 is the best Barbie Horse Adventure game to be released in next gen". It's like calling a midget the tallest midget. In other words, EA's attempts at next-gen football have been abyssal at best, including their most recent attempt. Problems like super-linebackers and psychic CPU play-calling continue to plague the series. After several years, these sorts of problems are inexcusable. EA is building upon a broken engine and until they completely overhaul their football engine, their games will be poor attempts at simulating football. I hate that "Well it sucks but it's better than it used to be" mantra. NCAA 12 is nothing like football.

The fact that it sells so well disgusts me.

Last edited by wryly; 07-27-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
I hate that "Well it sucks but it's better than it used to be" mantra. NCAA 12 is nothing like football.

The fact that it sells so well disgusts me.
Yeah, champ? It disgusts you? In reality, its a lot closer to being than football than not and despite the earth shattering 3 examples you gave (people jump slightly higher than normal on occasion!) a lot of users really like this game. Which brings us to a point, doesn't it?

If this game's success . . . disgusts you so . . . why hang out at a message board for said game? In fact, why not even look at the above article, think to yourself "I do not like this game," and then leave?

Oh, right. You needed attention. I can understand getting pissed at flaws within a game you paid for and complaining about them, but posting on an article about the game selling well (and I'm sure you contributed to its sales) and say it disgusts you is just hilarious attention seeking.

I happen to think that despite this game not being perfect, or even fully idealizing my expectations, that I'm happy to see hard working game developers getting paid. Good for them. Even if you hate the product, I'm sure at some point in your life someone will be disgusted by your work. What, you shouldn't get paid because some ******* on a forum was let down? EA made lots of money. Good for them. Maybe next year, don't buy the game and frequent the forums, if it disgusts you so, you silly goose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Why are so many of the people who have issues with this game such drama-queens? It seems they use big definitive words to describe their over-blown emotions in an attempt to garner a reaction from the majority of level-headed gamers.

I think this game is a blast and a lot of fun! It has it's bugs but none are game-breakers to me because I judge a game on its re playability and despite the said bugs (most notably roster issues and known money plays) -- I genuinely enjoy coming back to this game.

If you don't gain any semblance of satisfaction or enjoyment from this game, then you are more than welcome to make your opinion known, sell the game and move on.

I've played many online games that have a "Bugs/Comments & Complaints" sub-forum, that is put to great use. As it stands, OperationSports becomes a cesspool of gamers who re-post their opinion over and over and over and it becomes way too much to handle and in return, I don't visit this forum as much as I'd like.

Please anyone who has the authority, pull some strings and try to get a "Bug/Comments & Complaints sub-forum in the works. A dedicated thread is nice, but it holds no clout with new visitors. A forum is a much more definitive and obvious distraction.

Last edited by EvanRG; 07-27-2011 at 12:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »