Home

EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

This is a discussion on EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

What are the major new rules that we will miss?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
What are the major new rules that we will miss?

To be honest we will mainly miss the following.
  • Madden rookies will continue to ask for salary and contract length based on old rules (so QB taken number 1 will be silly money), where as IRL they have to have 4 yr contract at x amount on the new scale set. (I think Cam is getting about £22m).
  • I think in madden you had no minimum salary spend so you could "sacrifice a year" to go big the following year. IRL its 90% you have to spend before season starts.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
Rookie

DocOx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesHd09
What does this mean for a reasonable salary cap?
Didn't the devs mention in one of their diary-post things that salary caps will be more realistic this year? I seem to remember that.

As long as the AI knows how to wheel and deal (to some extent) with the old CBA, I'll be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneymill
what about online franchise rosters??? these are always a few weeks behind and only updated like 2 times a year. Or is online franchise getting the shaft again due to "other circumstances" FIND OUT for us.
The commish could make all those changes before you guys start the franchise. Not an ideal solution but it will work in a worst case senario
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Not unexpected. I don't blame them for this at all. I would rather see them leave it alone, rather than try to put the new CBA into the game and have a lot of bugs within the newly promoted franchise mode.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
The commish could make all those changes before you guys start the franchise. Not an ideal solution but it will work in a worst case senario
that is true, just would be a lot of transactions and such for 32 teams...but if they change player ratings as well could throw some things off. i dont get why they cant be the same?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #15
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Nope....Most who buy Madden can care less about the new CBA rules.

You have to remember that us sim heads are a small pot in the Madden gorilla.

The date was pushed back already and it will not be done and should not be done at this point.

Season starts a week after the game comes out. When have you heard a game come out after the year starts.
I'm not so much a "sim head" as someone who enjoys the hell out of my offline franchises. I'll have a 10 year franchise with the Steelers, up to the point where the guys I spend time scouting and drafting totally make up my team.

Still I don't mind that the new CBA rules couldn't be put in due to the late date. Salary cap is wonky in Madden anyway, as they never fixed the glitch where you could change a 99 overall QB to a P, and sign him for really cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 28
EA is going to have their work cut out for them to get the rosters and depth charts updated in time for release.

the new CBA rules wont be a game changer for me, as the status quo for salary cap whould be fine, I never gutted a team to below 90% of the cap anyways. Only thing it will affect is the outrageous rookie pay scale, but I typically draft in the middle to late parts of a round so doesn't have the impact of a top 10 drafted player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »