Home

FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
Rookie

Maverick_SWAT's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 12 Career Mode - The New Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Except hopefully loaning players is fixed. Last year, you could loan a player out three years running and they would always come back with the exact same rating. They wouldn't improve or worsen at all. That's a must-fix, otherwise what's the point of sending someone out on loan?

I agree, so hopefully with progression being fixed we'll finally be able to loan players out and get them back with better ratings. It really sucks having to play your youth players a ton just to get them maybe one rating point a year.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #18
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_SWAT
I agree, so hopefully with progression being fixed we'll finally be able to loan players out and get them back with better ratings. It really sucks having to play your youth players a ton just to get them maybe one rating point a year.
The Rutter interviews mentioned that growth was "fixed", but more importantly, he said that "younger players now reach their potential faster."

I would assume this means:

A. Players getting some playing time while on loan will progress faster. I assume this because in '11, players could gain a point OVR on loan if they were starting most games.

B. Playing youth players in fewer games (a few in the league, Carling Cup, etc.) will help them grow, rather than having to play them almost every match.
Boston Celtics
Old 07-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #19
Rookie

Bgeezy87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
The Rutter interviews mentioned that growth was "fixed", but more importantly, he said that "younger players now reach their potential faster."

I would assume this means:

A. Players getting some playing time while on loan will progress faster. I assume this because in '11, players could gain a point OVR on loan if they were starting most games.

B. Playing youth players in fewer games (a few in the league, Carling Cup, etc.) will help them grow, rather than having to play them almost every match.
Why would player progression improve with just a few game played. What if the team your playing isn't even in any cup tourneys. I hope fixed just means fixed and the players improve how they should with loans and games played.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
MVP

It would be nice if during the transfer window when you get offers to accept players you want to loan out, you can either receive news from the other club that they plan to play your player, or that it is a chance for experience around a top flite club, or at least be able to go to the team's roster to see how their roster is stacked up and if it really is a good choice for your young player. When I play Crystal Palace (yes, someone does!) I can figure if my guys have a chance at playing if loaned to League 1 or 2 clubs, but I don't know how they'd fit in on clubs in other leagues. In real life, loaning a young player from the Championship to Man U, you'd know that player really isn't going to get time in most cases, so why not have an idea of what benefit your loanee will get within the game?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Bgeezy87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
It would be nice if during the transfer window when you get offers to accept players you want to loan out, you can either receive news from the other club that they plan to play your player, or that it is a chance for experience around a top flite club, or at least be able to go to the team's roster to see how their roster is stacked up and if it really is a good choice for your young player. When I play Crystal Palace (yes, someone does!) I can figure if my guys have a chance at playing if loaned to League 1 or 2 clubs, but I don't know how they'd fit in on clubs in other leagues. In real life, loaning a young player from the Championship to Man U, you'd know that player really isn't going to get time in most cases, so why not have an idea of what benefit your loanee will get within the game?
I agree. I think more offers on all fronts, ie. Big clubs getting offers for players from top to bottom, would hugely increase the relism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #22
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Big question that I'd really like answered... How many subs are allowed during friendlies?

EA kept saying that this is something they'd like to look into, but couldn't change because of "memory issues" or something of the sort. Limiting the number of subs for friendlies hurts player development in career mode. Those friendlies are important opportunities to get young/new players experience.

Plus, the World Football Challenge needs to start being included in career mode if for no other reason than to give us more of a chance to get new/young teammates more XP.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Like all upgrades and fixes but I hope this means we'll be able to view all transfers from all leagues. Seems this feature appears one year, gets taken out the next. To me it's a huge feature of MM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #24
MVP

I agree that we should be able to see transfers and standings (accurate, consistent) from other leagues. Last year they had the standings from other leagues but I noted the points changed a month before the end of the season. Man U had 85 at one point but finished with like 76.

For us off-liners, I dare say I'd like to be able to manage teams from multiple leagues in a manager "universe". I don't know how much there giving us to immerse us in the game, so if it is like previous seasons, I'd love to have one game where I manage in multiple leagues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »