Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Rookie

one5beast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs

It says Jamaal Charles name when its supposed to be Knowshon Moreno
Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
Rookie

brettford's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Gale Sayers is that you? I love all things Texas but that is a bit much. Again why do players such as Charles get faster and other players get slower for no apparent reason. Now I'm curious about his 40 time in the combine.

From wikipedia

"On March 11, 2006, Charles placed fourth in the NCAA 60-meter indoor track and field championship finals. On May 14, 2006 Charles captured his first conference title and the third Big 12 100-meter title for Texas by winning the event in 10.23 at the Big 12 outdoor meet. He led the 200 meter race after the preliminary round but elected not to participate in the final, as Texas had the Big 12 team title well in hand. On June 10, at the NCAA outdoor competition, Charles took a fifth in the 100 meter finals, edging out UTEP's stand-out sprinter Churandy Martina (sixth place), who earlier in the year ran a 9.76 (wind-aided) 100-meters. Charles also placed seventh in the 200 meter finals, and ran the third leg of the 4 x 100 Texas Longhorn relay team, earning a fifth place in the finals. Charles' efforts helped the Longhorns earn a third place showing for the men's track and field team, the highest since a second place finish at the 1997 NCAA finals. Thus, Charles completed his first collegiate track season as a four-time All-American (60m indoor, 100m outdoor, 200m outdoor, 4x100m relay outdoor)."
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettford
From wikipedia

"On March 11, 2006, Charles placed fourth in the NCAA 60-meter indoor track and field championship finals. On May 14, 2006 Charles captured his first conference title and the third Big 12 100-meter title for Texas by winning the event in 10.23 at the Big 12 outdoor meet. He led the 200 meter race after the preliminary round but elected not to participate in the final, as Texas had the Big 12 team title well in hand. On June 10, at the NCAA outdoor competition, Charles took a fifth in the 100 meter finals, edging out UTEP's stand-out sprinter Churandy Martina (sixth place), who earlier in the year ran a 9.76 (wind-aided) 100-meters. Charles also placed seventh in the 200 meter finals, and ran the third leg of the 4 x 100 Texas Longhorn relay team, earning a fifth place in the finals. Charles' efforts helped the Longhorns earn a third place showing for the men's track and field team, the highest since a second place finish at the 1997 NCAA finals. Thus, Charles completed his first collegiate track season as a four-time All-American (60m indoor, 100m outdoor, 200m outdoor, 4x100m relay outdoor)."
I'm well aware that Charles IS fast and did run track. The bias is players in Madden that have faster 40 times than him are mysteriously slower and continue to regress for no apparent reason. Yet this guy gets faster and plays one of the most physical positions in football. What is the logic behind that? By that standard Chris Johnson should be like a 108 or something. Mcfadden, who had a better 4o time should be over 100 too. Thats all I'm saying. Either bring Charles speed down or bump up the other players that are just as fast IRL if not faster.

Edit: I could not find his combine time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I'm well aware that Charles IS fast and did run track. The bias is players in Madden that have faster 40 times than him are mysteriously slower and continue to regress for no apparent reason. Yet this guy gets faster and plays one of the most physical positions in football. What is the logic behind that? By that standard Chris Johnson should be like a 108 or something. Mcfadden, who had a better 4o time should be over 100 too. Thats all I'm saying. Either bring Charles speed down or bump up the other players that are just as fast IRL if not faster.

Edit: I could not find his combine time.
It was around a 4.4. HOWEVER, many would argue (using the eye test), that Charles is the first/second fastest man on a FOOTBALL field. If the game was Madden Combine 12 you would have a beef. The guy had a great year and is quick as can be, the madden people rated him accordingly in my eyes.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsFinest5
It was around a 4.4. HOWEVER, many would argue (using the eye test), that Charles is the first/second fastest man on a FOOTBALL field. If the game was Madden Combine 12 you would have a beef. The guy had a great year and is quick as can be, the madden people rated him accordingly in my eyes.
I get all that. You didn't offer an explanation as to how Charles got "faster" in direct comparison to players on his same speed level that got slower.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #14
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

The Broncos O line gets no love once again...

everything else is ok.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I get all that. You didn't offer an explanation as to how Charles got "faster" in direct comparison to players on his same speed level that got slower.
An effort to boost overall rating would be my best guess. He had a historic year when it came to YPC so they were feeling the pressure to make him an elite back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #16
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14
Chiefs are gonna be a very fun team to use this year. I'm more of a power back kind of guy but Charles is gonna be very tempting to use.

Last edited by Highlight224; 08-03-2011 at 05:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »