Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 1st Quarter

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 1st Quarter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Eagles vs. ATL

Overall, the commentary and atmosphere in this game are DRASTICALLY better than Madden 11 and even NCAA 12. In NCAA 12, you just don't feel any immersion in the game whatsoever: the crowd is quiet, the commentary lacks energy, and while the team intros are compelling that don't pump you up or have a lasting appeal, since it seems so cut up (team-specific, then crowd cheering, then commentary on player to watch). It just doesn't come together like Madden does so well here. A few specific things I took notice of:

- I think I heard the "homefield advantage intro" before, so I hope it doesn't turn out to be as repetitive as the generic QB intro.

- The QB intros for Matt Ryan and Mike Vick seemed too short. Gus talked for maybe half of the air time that they showed the QB player stats, which look fantastic. I also really like where they placed the scoreboard.

- There was no player to watch on the Falcons Defense. I am hoping like in franchise mode and there is no player recorded, there could be different segments of hot and cold players to watch.

- Hard to judge the gameplay, as the one guy wasn't very good.

- The pregame announcer does an incredible job in adding to the excitement and energy!!

- As I said before, the crowd and commentary are sooo much improved. I just can't say enough how much that adds to a game. It makes you want to keep playing, whereas IMO of NCAA 12, I get turned off because no matter what I do, the crowd doesn't get excited, the commentary doesn't get excited, so it starts to feel bland even with all the gameplay improvements. It's ashame I know.

Last edited by at23steelers; 08-03-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Looks/sounds so much better than last year, but my question is this:

If a player, like Matt Ryan, gets traded or signed to another team, does the announcer introduce him the same with the new team?

Are the introductions attached to that player? If so, that's cool, I was just thinking it would be weird to have a pregame intro where Matt Ryan runs out of the inflatable helmet without an announcement simply because he plays for another team.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk

If a player, like Matt Ryan, gets traded or signed to another team, does the announcer introduce him the same with the new team?

Are the introductions attached to that player? If so, that's cool, I was just thinking it would be weird to have a pregame intro where Matt Ryan runs out of the inflatable helmet without an announcement simply because he plays for another team.
I was wondering the same thing...
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
and Vick plays like a doucher!
You can't blame Vick for that because the Eagles where human controlled.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk

I'm not sure but I did notice how they talked about Nnamdi as the player to watch on the Eagles Defense and not Asante or Cole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 0

Not the best players i see......but on the plus side game looks good and will pick up to go with ncaa 12
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Look good, one thing I noticed is the commentary sounded better.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I look forward to Madden 13's commentary. At least according to Phil, before he left, he said that Visual presentation was a focus this year and that audio was a focus for next.

In the video, I would rather hear Gus Johnson give a brief intro to the game and then "pitch it down" to the player introductions. After that he should come back in and ask Chris about the keys to the game and so forth. The way it is now still feel wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »