Home

New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

This is a discussion on New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17
New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

The new NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) video has been posted on the GameStopCanada YouTube account. Clement Kwong, a producer working on the game, details some of the changes that will be making their way into HUT for NHL 12.

The two key improvements mentioned in this video are the fact that you can save 20 different HUT lineups, and that you can download a friend's team and use it to earn pucks for that user.

The varying lineups will be a big help when trying to enter tournaments. Certain tourneys have certain requirements, and many of those tournaments really never got touched by many users because it was such a hassle to change an entire squad purely to play a single game (potentially) before being knocked out of the tournament. On a personal level, I just like being able to save different lineups because it staves off boredom. You amass a ton of players in this mode as time progresses, and being able to try more of them out on the ice is a nice perk.

Being able to download another person's roster and earn him or her pucks is certainly a different take on things, but it sounds a little dangerous. I'm not sure I see why people would go out of their way to earn someone else pucks rather than spend that time earning pucks for their own team -- there also seems like there could be some "puck farming" going on here if more than one person can use your team offline at once.

At the end of the video, Kwong mentions that EASHL info is coming next week, and that there is still another "exciting" announcement on the horizon.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New HUT video

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS_FQ...layer_embedded

1. Multiple lineups is cool
2. You can now play your friends team offline
3. EASHL info next week
4. Big announcement shortly after
It took EA 1 year to figure that it was an essential feature for the mode to be succesfull while most of guys in here we're saying it before the game launch last year.

At least, they react, so it's ok. We can start trying to see if this mode can be interesting without having to play idiots who cheat all game long.

Last edited by FBeaule04; 08-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: New HUT video

Going to tag this as news, so don't change the original post Hawkey.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Re: New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

By the way, it sounds like you don't play against another person's team, rather you download that team and earn pucks FOR them. At least that's what he said. Logic would say it would be more like how other games have done it where you DL a person's team and play against it -- EA has it set up this way for the Facebook games.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
By the way, it sounds like you don't play against another person's team, rather you download that team and earn pucks FOR them. At least that's what he said. Logic would say it would be more like how other games have done it where you DL a person's team and play against it -- EA has it set up this way for the Facebook games.
For the Facebook games? Does that mean the big announcement has to do with social media? Also I would have preferred to be able to play against my friends team online too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
For the Facebook games? Does that mean the big announcement has to do with social media? Also I would have preferred to be able to play against my friends team online too.
I'm just saying in the Facebook Superstars games you can play against another person's team even when they are not around.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
So you still can't play against your friends' HUT teams in unranked games or something?

Lame if true.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
So you still can't play against your friends' HUT teams in unranked games or something?

Lame if true.
Yeah, I don't know, I'm going to shoot out an e-mail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »