Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
put up the saints who dat
Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

madden ratings still about 10 points too high. colt mccoy = 67. if there was a better example of a below average QB i havent seen it. at a basic level when subpar players are rated at almost 80, you're going to run into the issue of too many 90 rated players when they progress.

half of the league rated a 90 = bad.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23
@simstyle

I disagree... Colt showed promise in his rookie year, being thrown into the fire the way he was... 77 is what I expected for him and he'll probably have B pot, so, I wouldn't look for him to progress any higher than 85 in Franchise mode...

The one major thing that I (as a browns fan) am upset about is the fact that they only gave us 4 guys with 90+ speed, and only one backup LB with 80+ speed... I'm not trying to say, MLB DeQwell Jackson is 90 spd like Pat Willis, but, at least 80... all 3 starting LBs 77 or lower which is a joke... I honestly don't think the Madden guys know how to make a player "bad" unless they make them slow as dirt...

And Hillis only being 87spd is weak too... I saw him run away from guys many time last year... 90 is where I would like to see him...
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
@simstyle

I disagree... Colt showed promise in his rookie year, being thrown into the fire the way he was... 77 is what I expected for him and he'll probably have B pot, so, I wouldn't look for him to progress any higher than 85 in Franchise mode...

The one major thing that I (as a browns fan) am upset about is the fact that they only gave us 4 guys with 90+ speed, and only one backup LB with 80+ speed... I'm not trying to say, MLB DeQwell Jackson is 90 spd like Pat Willis, but, at least 80... all 3 starting LBs 77 or lower which is a joke... I honestly don't think the Madden guys know how to make a player "bad" unless they make them slow as dirt...

And Hillis only being 87spd is weak too... I saw him run away from guys many time last year... 90 is where I would like to see him...

only in videogame land

hillis with a 90 spd hahahahahahahahahahah

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Rookie

saintsyadig's Arena

Saints are gonna be second to last. That sucks. Can't wait. Who dat
Old 08-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
only in videogame land

hillis with a 90 spd hahahahahahahahahahah
u took the words right out of my mouth, bro. cgalligan i love that you have pride in your team but u gotta take the browns sunglasses off buddy. fans often see promise in players that are below average, there's no shame in it.

the problem is, his numbers look horrible any way you slice it. the production is below average and so his rating should be too. again, when you rate below average players in the high 70s (our scale rates them 60-69) you allow for way too many players "actually being productive" to be rated in the 90s. I understand wanting your team to perform well, and don't think i'm just coming down on the browns, i'm saying the ratings need to come down as a whole so that average starters rate from 70-79 and so people wont have to be 90 spd to outrun a DT.

mccoy threw for 6tds and 9 ints on a 5-11 team. not even his mother would try to act like thats anything but subpar. he showed flashes? cool...but come on bro.

Last edited by SIMstyle; 08-08-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23
@simstyle - yeah, now that I look at the other teams ratings, Hillis being 87 isn't too bad. Mendenhall is a 90spd, and I'm sure he is faster than Hillis.

I do tend to look at things with Orange Tinted glasses when talking about my Browns. But, I do think that they have some promising young players, like McCoy, Haden, Ward, which is why I think the McCoy rating might be higher than some were anticipating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »