Home

Madden NFL 12 Demo w/Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Demo w/Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 12 Demo w/Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorch
wow... its small but it does ruin the experience, the player just walked right throught the ref -_- 2ksports wouldnt have let crap like that happen
Please stop
Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #10
Rookie

Goblowsoup's Arena

OVR: 2
poorch is right, the walking through other players and refs is annoying...same with the obnoxious player chatter. I don't know if I have a weird glitchy demo or what, but I suffered a lot of lighting bugs and other little gripes. I wasn't overall pleased with the Demo, and I'm not sure it fairly represents the full product. I will say that people shouldn't completely give EA hell and 2k all praises...2k has their fair share of bugs and glitches as well as player clipping and walkthrough issues. I think it's fair to say both groups have at some point let me down. It's 2011 and I see more issues in games today than I did 6 years ago. I'm not sure if I've just gotten pickier or if the industry has gotten lazier.

Anyways, just wanted to say poorch had a fair gripe, asking him to stop is fair as well since both EA and 2k have had issues with programming. The better thing to do rather than complain on here is to write EA and complain to them or just stop buying their games, if there was some healthy competition I'd most likely try it over Madden...but hey, it is what it is. Just make the best of it or don't play it. Keep playing 2k5...it's cheaper than buying a new game anyways.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
wow... its small but it does ruin the experience, the player just walked right throught the ref -_- 2ksports wouldnt have let crap like that happen
2k Sports football is gone and never coming back. Enough with the posts about 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10
2K5 was devoted to excellent gameplay.. Madden 2011 is devoted to excellent broadcast presentation. That is not right
Old 08-10-2011, 04:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2
Video is laggy as hell. YouTube link?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 AM   #14
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

So far you've spotted some of the issues I also noticed immediately playing the demo.

Defensive backs are too passive regardless of difficulty and the deep coverage is embarrassing at times. And running the ball is way too easy as the OL is overpowered. I'm having a hard time getting less that 4 yards on a simple run up the middle on all-pro. I think I currently average around 8-10 yards per carry with my RBs and even more with my QBs. I get at least 12-15 yards per carry with my QBs and I've yet to see them fumble the ball on a scramble - played 12-13 games so far.

FYI, I play on slow speed to get a more naturally looking game and with speed threshold at 35 to make QBs less superhuman-like when scrambling.

Also what do you think about special teams play (thinking mostly of punt returning here)?

Last edited by guaps; 08-10-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #15
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
So far you've spotted some of the issues I also noticed immediately playing the demo.

Defensive backs are too passive regardless of difficulty and the deep coverage is embarrassing at times. And running the ball is way too easy as the OL is overpowered. I'm having a hard time getting less that 4 yards on a simple run up the middle on all-pro. I think I currently average around 8-10 yards per carry with my RBs and even more with my QBs. I get at least 12-15 yards per carry with my QBs and I've yet to see them fumble the ball on a scramble - played 12-13 games so far.

FYI, I play on slow speed to get a more naturally looking game and with speed threshold at 35 to make QBs less superhuman-like when scrambling.

Also what do you think about special teams play (thinking mostly of punt returning here)?
Its funny how the game plays different for users. I thought fumbles were to frequent. I have seen 4-5 fumbles from QB's on sacks and runs in 4 games. On the last one Cutler scrambled out of the pocket and ran for about 14yrds, then got blasted and fumbled the ball. The cool thing was the animation of him sitting there with both hands on his helmet.

It seems alot harder to pass on All-pro for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ease-days.html

You may now laugh at yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »