Home

Fight Night Champion - New Tuner Set Details, No More Patches, Future DLC Unlikely

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion - New Tuner Set Details, No More Patches, Future DLC Unlikely within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
Rookie

ajns's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fight Night Champion - New Tuner Set Details, No More Patches, Future DLC Unlikel

So, one last try with offline since it seems they are addressing the things that were either broken originally or became broken when they fixed online play. I haven't picked up Fight Night in 2 months. I've been enjoying GT5. I'll give it another try when the tuner drops and we'll see if offline is worth it without massive amounts of slider work. *fingers crossed* Otherwise, it's wait for the next version, which sadly will probably be my last if it is mangled as this effort was.

I had extremely high hopes when KOK morphed into Fight Night. They were on the right track, but it seems that the track was a lot longer than anyone expected. It's been 7 years since they brought KOK into the 21st century and started really making it more simulation than button mashing fighter. I thought by now it would have been more mature. Perhaps this is owing to the changing development teams and their different visions for what this game should be. Perhaps it is the limitation of programming or the hardware (This is something I know little about and I can't speak to when it comes to how much this hampers delivering a realistic boxing environment and fighters that behave realistically within that environment.) Or, perhaps there just isn't enough interest in the kind of game I am looking for despite what seems to be the case with the posts we see here on OS. Maybe OS has become an echo chamber for a very specific type of fight fan that sees FN as something different than the general buying public is willing to fork over cash for. I hope for our sakes that is not the case or that different versions of the game can be produced to satisfy the differing camps. Time will tell, I suppose.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Fight Night Champion - New Tuner Set Details, No More Patches, Future DLC Unlikel

Oh well why am I surprised, so offline on PS3 is still broken. So no Legacy mode patch? Does anyone know if FNR 4 is a good game and if so does it work offline with the CAB's?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
So they are finally fixing something thats been broken since the VERY FIRST PATCH? Too late, game traded in.
I feel you bro, but trading it in didn't hurt them. it hurt you. ea, and whomever you traded it in to benefited. Our voices can only be FELT, by not buying initially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

I can understand them not making anymore patches....After so many it just becomes a waste of time if it's not really fixing the game...I use to be big on IGN and was there from the first fight night game and I must say it's been a big let down....I've wasted countless hours typing up stuff trying to help make the game better and true to the fans but I think I have came to the end of my rope with Fight Night.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #13

OVR: 34

It's not a decision on their behalf. EA never does more than 2 for a game.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #14
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It's not a decision on their behalf. EA never does more than 2 for a game.
They did 3 with Madden 11...God knows they needed to too.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #15

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
They did 3 with Madden 11...God knows they needed to too.
I must be mistaken then. However, it's my understanding patches cost money for the developer. For a lower selling title like FNC, I don't see it happening. Not to mention they said themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

first 2 patches are free after that m$ and sony charge...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »