Home

NBA 2K12 Video - First Gameplay Video (Gamescom)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - First Gameplay Video (Gamescom) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:40 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2k12 Gameplay video at Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
yea you're right, but what game slider would prevent players from falling like that?

Strength maybe?
Well lebron is very strong compared to Caron and the fact he fell shows that he tried to take a charge but it was a good no call don't expect him to ram Brendon Haywood or Dwight like that lol
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Good video.. They should put it on sim settings. Also hate it when i see non skill ballers play for the first time.. Want to see ballers who know 2k and see if all the cheesy bs that worked in 2k11 works for 2k12. I hope its gone but i doubt it.. Someone try and spin dunk, pumpfake million times in paint, hopstep to paint etc. Then i will be amazed if those cheesy gimmicks are done wit.. Regardless good video. The visuals aka menu etc looks like 2k11..
Old 08-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow they didn't touch the menus at all.. Dirk's shot looks waayyy smoother and more accurate than 2k11.
The game speed looks too fast, probly has to do with settings.

Can't say much else. need more videos!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #20
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldd
Wow they didn't touch the menus at all.. Dirk's shot looks waayyy smoother and more accurate than 2k11.
The game speed looks too fast, probly has to do with settings.

Can't say much else. need more videos!
why should they be changed? this is the second year they are using the menu design...

shots look quicker and smoother...that pull up J by Butler was really smooth and pretty to look at..
Old 08-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #21
Rookie

mreyes930's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - First Gameplay Video (Gamescom)

So far so good. I'm definitely liking what I see. Can't wait for some more videos to pop up. Definitely want to see the intro, some plays run, momentum jumpers and some more post moves. I wish somebody with prior 2K experience would get on the sticks so we could see what's really going on though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

anyone catch that speed dribble animation @ 1:22 chris bosh went into for one sec... im jus sayin. No more 2k12 hype for me... but thats a good thing.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #23
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Are you guys not liking that LEbron I think runs into Caron I think full speed and knocks him over ? Is that the fall your talking about ?

At any rate on the defensive end there is plenty of goodness for Sim heads to see.

1. As has been mentioned look at the free range of offensive movement with the ball. Bumps in that video seem appropriate and in context while at the same time a guy was not able to run directly to the rim without body contact. Very tricky balance to maintain But that looked good.

2. Tempo and pace especially for guys who are playing a new game. Tempo looked really good and not like a track contest.

3. The on ball screen @ 1:36 actually worked. Those screens in what looked like a play in 2k11 never really worked the guy set the screen to low or too high so the defender would rarely get hit by them

4. On defense for guys complaining that every Pick and Roll was hard hedged last year notice how Bosh played the screen and then ran sprinted back as Chandler (i think lol) dived to the basket to set another screen to take away the passing lane... Good stuff.

4 The thing I loved the most was the defensive rotation @ 1:45 Dirk got deep and the double came. Then Lebron helped and someone HELPED THE HELPER for goodness sakes. LOL then the rotation back out once the pass was made was pure beauty IMO.

4.5 The cpu on the recovery I think it was lebron didn't fly out to cover the shooter he recovers and stays between his man and the basket basically saying go ahead and shoot it.

Last thing is Dirk's Iso was a thing of beauty spacing wise. He had half the floor to himself... LOL

Last edited by Da_Czar; 08-18-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #24
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Oh and last thing. I know the home of "they need to spend time on the important gameplay stuff " is not allowing people to talk about menu's ? ROTFLOL #justsaying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »