Home

NHL 12 Video - 2 More Legends, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - 2 More Legends, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
NHL 12 Video - 2 More Legends, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 12 - final 2 legends

Good choices in both case, nothing to say about that.

Was too funny to see Lemieux in a Leafs jersey while Howe wearing a Wild uni.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I think that Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe, Bourque and Roy were obvious choices, they had to be there. However, Yzerman, Chelios, Salming and especially Roenick were good players, but I don't consider them as the 9 greatest "legends" ever. There may be unknown reasons to explain why others like Orr, Coffey, Lafleur and Richard are not in there, but I certainly wish they would. A complete team of legends would have been nice too, not only 9 of them.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 08-19-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I think that Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe, Bourque and Roy were obvious choices, they had to be there. However, like many others already said, Yzerman, Chelios, Salming and especially Roenick were good players, but I don't consider them as "legends". There may be unknown reasons to explain why others like Orr, Coffey, Lafleur and Richard are not in there, but I certainly wish they would. A complete team of legends would have been nice too, not only 9 of them.
Agree with you on most counts here (although I think there is no doubt that Stevie Y is a legend..All-star,Conn Smythe,3 cups,Lester Pearson winner, and sixth overall in points for NHL history) but there is no doubt that Bobby Orr, perhaps the greatest D-man of all time,and many others deserved to be in there.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Rookie

AngelPingu's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm okay with Chelios and Yzerman. I don't know if the "Be a Legend" mode includes milestone, or challenges to accomplish, but would've been better if they had like 20 legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Bolts_26, I agree with you that Yzerman was a great player, don't get me wrong, but I could name a list of players who were just as good. In a full team of legends, no doubt he has his place in there, but I don't think he's one of the 9 greatest players of all time, this is what I wanted to say.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Bolts_26, I agree with you that Yzerman was a great player, don't get me wrong, but I could name a list of players who were just as good. In a full team of legends, no doubt he has his place in there, but I don't think he's one of the 9 greatest players of all time, this is what I wanted to say.
You would be hard pressed to name a better two way player in history then Steve Yzerman. This was a player who could have put up gawdy numbers for his whole career but he chose to alter his game and became one of the games most dominant two way players in history. Gretzky and Lemieux didn't even know they had a goalie. Rumour has it that one time Gretzky asked Grant Fuhr why he was in the dressing room if he didn't play in the games.

Yzerman is for certain a legend and definitely fitting of being at the top of this list.

Salming broke down borders and paved the way for players like Forsberg to make an impact in the NHL, that is aside from the fact he was a great defenseman.

Sure for whatever legal reasons there are some more fitting of being there than Chelios and Roenick but it is what it is.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10

what about brett hull? jeez

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »