Home

Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

This is a discussion on Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

Yes, we know. There are a lot of bugs within NCAA Football 12 that are still waiting to be resolved.

However, as we wait for Title Update #2, there have been some great Slider Sets brought to us by OS'ers in our NCAA Football Sliders Forum. In order to make this process of finding a set as easy as possible, here's a quick and dirty list of the top picks thus far within the community.

Heisman Sliders

SECElite's 2012 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"I understand there are already various slider sets out there. I see most of the sets tuned with default settings or slightly tweaked from default, and that is fine, but I personally do not like default Heisman. I feel like it plays more of an arcade type game play. When I play, I want to see a sloppy football game because football is a sloppy game. Football isn’t always precise and games aren’t always won by the team having the best talent on the field. Games are sometime won by pure luck or that one decision that was smarter than the one made by the guy representing the other sideline."

Matt10's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"I'm quite content with these. Getting a huge variety of games. I've been destroyed by top teams, and also have upset with mid prestige teams. Quarterbacks are playing true to their ratings - and the stats show.

I hated to go so high in some of the values, but this year's game can't work with the super low values as I had in version 1. The CPU RB is now a threat again, and thus the CPU plays a well balanced - strategic game. "

firktaf's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"These are the ones I'll be using from this point until the Patch comes out. Absolutely brilliant work, especially on GREATLY decreasing the bad pass rush issues."

All-American Sliders

SN's All-American Sliders

Quote:
"I am returning once again to do All American sliders for NCAA Football 12! I have been producing slider sets since NCAA 06 on PS2 then moved up to Xbox 360 once the new generation NCAA came out. Now, I've made my transition from Xbox 360 to PS3, but the concept will be the same by using my experience to seek out the best settings for All American level. Hopefully, I can come up with the best challenging slider set for All American, but realistic at the same time."

SECElite's 2012 All-American Sliders

Quote:
"First off, I just want to thank the many slider gurus who have placed their time and efforts into this game. I learn so much from all of them year in and year out. With that being said, I always like to do my own sliders. I love to lab and to see how tweaks to this and that effect the game play. As many of you know, over the past few weeks I have put many hours into testing various slider sets. "

Varsity Sliders

mkharsh33 Varsity/Slow Speed/8 Min Sliders

Quote:
"I let the cpu pick the plays for me - meaning: I use the three in the window and ONLY pick one of the three. This stops ME from picking the same plays repeatedly, but still allows me options.

Also, I use the defensive line on defense and apply the "no switch" on passes until the pass has been completed. I will deviate from this sometimes, but not much. But these are the only two base rules I personally use."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Schotzie's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

Don't forget Jistics AA sliders. AMAZING set.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
great game with some of these..
Old 08-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

The main problem this year is that sliders are not as effective as last versions.

So this makes some levels unplayable because you can´t find a happy medium.

Before this year i was able to find a good place in AA.

This year AA is too easy and Heisman is too hard for my type of game.
Mainly because QB acc is not as sensitive as before so QB acc at 0 doesn´t make my QB overthrows as often as before.

While Heisman at 0 doesn´t make the CPU plays as bad as before.

This is why i´m so frustrated this year with NCAA version.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

I can't even play the game without the sliders that these guys put together. A big thanks goes out to all these guys for their time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 28
I play Heisman. Turned down one notch for CPU pass rush, pass block, RB ability, rush def. Turned down kick power two notches. I may try these sliders to see how they feel.

Even with its current issues, lovin NCAA.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I can't even play the game without the sliders that these guys put together. A big thanks goes out to all these guys for their time.
Agree. Have been mostly coach-mode this year, and only doing play now games until the next patch, but using some varsity sliders i've seen here with some small tweaks, no real issue for me.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
I think sliders and people's lack of willing to tweak with are the difference between OSers hating this game and loving this game.

Finding a set and tweaking to what you expect and your skill level makes this the best football to date gameplay wise. And I can't put it down. this is why I don't want a patch.

Just tweak progression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »