Home

Pistol Pete, Chocolate Thunder and Sid the Squid Crack NBA 2K12’s Legendary Lineup

This is a discussion on Pistol Pete, Chocolate Thunder and Sid the Squid Crack NBA 2K12’s Legendary Lineup within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Early signs point to his spot being replaced with a generic player and not his actual likeness.
that's why the inclusion of a player editor would be great.....
Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Pistol Pete, Chocolate Thunder and Sid the Squid Crack NBA 2K12’s Legendary Lineu

Aw, man--I just realized the late 80s/early 90s Cavs haven't been mentioned in any article so far that I've read (at least I haven't seen them mentioned by 2K). After making them in 2K11 (by switching 1994 Ron Harper to the Cavs and editing his weight and ratings), I was looking forward to playing with and against them in 2K12. They were another team (along with Barkley's Suns and Miller's Pacers) that I enjoyed watching MJ and the Bulls play against back in the day.

Edit: Found the Facebook post that has some of the other teams you can unlock in 2K12 and the 89-90 Cavs ARE in the game! Nice! Now all I have to do is put one of the extra Bulls Ron Harpers on the team and I'm good.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k...50266960872267

Scroll to the bottom for the other unlockable teams.

- Michael Jordan

Last edited by sportjames23; 08-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #19
Rookie

2kballa4life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pistol Pete, Chocolate Thunder and Sid the Squid Crack NBA 2K12’s Legendary Lineu

I hope pistol actually plays like pistol. He had a ridiculous arsenal of skill during his day...
Old 08-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
that's why the inclusion of a player editor would be great.....
I'd bet it'll be similar to 2K11, where created versions of players could be placed on classic teams in place of generics. For instance, we'll be able to add a very realistic created version of Charles Barkley to the '85 Sixers team in place of the generic "Ron Jones".
Old 08-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9
man, eddie house cf is sooooooooooo bad!!!!!!! but everthing else looks good, but pc version again for me, i can already tell art team has hit and missed on some faces, and i seen tooo many generic shoes,,,, but gameplay and body models im really feeling!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Excellent article. They could have easily just re-hashed everything we learned from ESPN yesterday. But they didn't. I never considered Darryl Dawkins for the '89 Pistons. I wonder if he's surely included or just suspected of being included. Either way, this mode is going to be terribly, terribly deep in terms of the breadth of players it provides.
I never considered him either because he never played. I'm still scratching my head to remember if he was on the playoff roster. I remember the 9 rotation player and rookies Micheal Wiliams and Fennis Dembo but totally drawing a blank on Dawkins.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 08-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #23
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Aw, man--I just realized the late 80s/early 90s Cavs haven't been mentioned in any article so far that I've read (at least I haven't seen them mentioned by 2K). After making them in 2K11 (by switching 1994 Ron Harper to the Cavs and editing his weight and ratings), I was looking forward to playing with and against them in 2K12. They were another team (along with Barkley's Suns and Miller's Pacers) that I enjoyed watching MJ and the Bulls play against back in the day.

Edit: Found the Facebook post that has some of the other teams you can unlock in 2K12 and the 89-90 Cavs ARE in the game! Nice! Now all I have to do is put one of the extra Bulls Ron Harpers on the team and I'm good.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k...50266960872267

Scroll to the bottom for the other unlockable teams.
Drazen Petrovic is on the Portland roster! Love me some Petro. I don't know if 2K was able to get the retro Nets unis in the game, but this would really help in terms of putting together the 1991-92 or 92-93 Nets teams.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Jelly Bean Bryant and World B. Free are in there, as are the entire 1976 76ers team! Talk about having a "peak" Dr. J, that's IT right there. He had one of the nastiest dunks ever in that Finals series against Portland.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »