Home

Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

This is a discussion on Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

Been using a variation of SEC's Heisman sliders. I need to play more games, but the passing game seems to be much improved. Granted, with a zero pass accuracy, you will have a few passes go into to stands unintentionally. But you accept that as a sim player.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Now everyone is seeing the bugs . Amazing .
Old 08-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

Instead of trying sliders, try selling it on ebay. You'll put some coin in your pocket, and have a lot more free time instead of wasting it trying to make this POS game playable. Plus is keeps $$$ away from EA for making a broken product. Vote with your wallets folks. I for one am sick of shelling out $60 for a game that looks pretty, but ultimately plays a lousy game of football.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
Rookie

I appreciate the work these guys put in to testing their slider sets, and they do help a little.

But most of the gameplay issues cannot be fixed with slider adjustments.

- Sliders can't eliminate psychic DB's while keeping passing challenging.

- Sliders can't eliminate super LB's that can shift momentum instantaneously.

- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.

- Sliders don't affect how WR never make plays for the ball.

- Sliders have no effect on how pass interference never gets called.

- Sliders don't affect the horrendous AI play calling logic.

These just some of the glaring reasons I'm not enjoying NCAA 12. The sliders make little difference, and some of them don't work properly, or aren't sensitive enough.

And on-the-field gameplay issues aren't the worst part of the game. I can't play my favorite game mode without the game freezing. How does a slider set alleviate this problem?

Sliders can't fix bad programming. Besides the fact that it's not our job, we don't have the tools to fix anything. EA needs to do their job better. They should start by addressing the inherent gameplay problems and they should refrain from implementing defective features in future releases. They also seem to need better game testers.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
I appreciate the work these guys put in to testing their slider sets, and they do help a little.

- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.

These just some of the glaring reasons I'm not enjoying NCAA 12. The sliders make little difference, and some of them don't work properly, or aren't sensitive enough.

And on-the-field gameplay issues aren't the worst part of the game. I can't play my favorite game mode without the game freezing. How does a slider set alleviate this problem?

Sliders can't fix bad programming. Besides the fact that it's not our job, we don't have the tools to fix anything. EA needs to do their job better. They should start by addressing the inherent gameplay problems and they should refrain from implementing defective features in future releases. They also seem to need better game testers.
I'm sure your heavily invested in hating the game. But you are just wrong. Decrease coverage ability, and the DB PRC doesn't have such an impace and LBs don't swat everything.

Not being so obvious will keep the defense honest. I know people claim that the defense cheats, but not anymore than a human that knows full well that you are going to run or pass, and what you are doing when you audible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:

i'm sorry, and i don't mean to pick on this last post here (wrong place wrong time) but how are posts like these productive in any way? there are literally hundreds of people making hundreds of posts like this about the game and its designers and it just ruins this website and consequently the game when people like myself come here looking to get even more out of a game they enjoy

really... how is this stuff constructive in any way? do developers really need to see as many posts in as many threads possible to be aware of the bugs and flaws with this GAME (remember it is a GAME)

sorry, maddenfranchise10, again this wasn't directed at you... just too much of this going on this year (and it seems like more and more each year)
Old 08-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I'm sure your heavily invested in hating the game. But you are just wrong. Decrease coverage ability, and the DB PRC doesn't have such an impace and LBs don't swat everything.

Not being so obvious will keep the defense honest. I know people claim that the defense cheats, but not anymore than a human that knows full well that you are going to run or pass, and what you are doing when you audible.
If you reread my post, I said it's impossible to eliminate psychic DB's without making the passing game too easy. Pick your poison. You can either have psychic DB's able to cover 2-3 players even in man or half the field in cover 2, or you have brain-dead DB's that blow coverages every play. There's no option for a realistic challenge. That's the problem. To say that sliders fix this problem is a lie.

And the AI defenses know the exact play you're calling. There's nothing realistic or "human" about that. Even the best DC's don't know what the offense is going to run. If you come out in a 4 WR set draw, the safeties will show blitz. If you audible to a pass, the defense will adjust to cover 2. Audible back to a run and watch the defenders creep back to the LoS. You can keep audibling back and forth and watch the safeties jog around. Again, sliders don't fix this core problem.

The fact that it's impossible to outsmart the defense is a huge drawback, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
i'm sorry, and i don't mean to pick on this last post here (wrong place wrong time) but how are posts like these productive in any way? there are literally hundreds of people making hundreds of posts like this about the game and its designers and it just ruins this website and consequently the game when people like myself come here looking to get even more out of a game they enjoy

really... how is this stuff constructive in any way? do developers really need to see as many posts in as many threads possible to be aware of the bugs and flaws with this GAME (remember it is a GAME)

sorry, maddenfranchise10, again this wasn't directed at you... just too much of this going on this year (and it seems like more and more each year)

No offense taken, but why does a post have to be filled with compliments for it to be constructive? In my opinion, blind praise is more destructive to a game's quality than fair criticism. Otherwise, how will developers know what needs to be fixed? It's not enough to compile a list of bugs and gameplay issues and lock them all in a room and never speak of them. We (as EA's paying customers) must express our discontent in certain areas so they know where to allocate their resources next year.

For example, players have been complaining about Maddens presentation and annoying commentary, so that's what EA is now working on improving. Players liked team intros from other sports titles, so EA introduced team intros. Players complained about suction blocking, and now it's less noticeable. I have a hope that next year psychic DB's and super LB's will be less noticeable too.

On the flip-side, how constructive is your post, or the hundreds like them from others that search for any opportunity to express contempt for those of us that are unhappy with this game, this franchise, the developer, and how they handle their community's complaints.

I guess to people like yourself, it would be more productive for me to bite my tongue and bend over. That would get EA to notice and fix these glaring problems, right?

Last edited by MaddenFranchise10; 08-19-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:

No offense taken, but why does a post have to be filled with complements for it to be constructive? In my opinion, blind praise is more destructive to a game's quality than fair criticism. Otherwise, how will developers know what needs to be fixed?

On the flip-side, how constructive is your post, or the hundreds like them from others that search for any opportunity to express contempt for those of us that are unhappy with this game, this franchise, the developer, and how they handle their community's complaints.

I guess to people like yourself, it would be more productive for me to bite my tongue and bend over. That would get EA to notice and fix these glaring problems, right?
i wouldn't ask anyone to blindly praise or even complement a game that they didn't think was deserving. my point was that this was a thread with positive intentions, to help people enjoy the game, and i didn't think that your post on "what sliders won't fix" fit this topic

i admit that this wasn't my most productive post ever, i'm just an older guy who wants these forums to be as civil, organized and great as they once were

you say no offense taken, but your last comments there are very sarcastic and defensive again, i apologize to have "caught" you in my "clean-up agenda" but what i'm saying is totally in reference to a common attitude i see here and not you as an individual, what you bite and how you bend, etc.

i could have picked almost any negative post and this thread seemed to be a very logical place for me to point this out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »