Home

The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12

This is a discussion on The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #9
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12

screw chuck...hes the one missing out, he could be making more money to buy cupcakes and twinkies......
Old 08-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Hard to sign someone who wants to be paid like Jordan but isn't. There's nothing more to the story.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

WrestlingGod mentioned this in another thread.

Good thing I read this official Insight. I would have thought Barkley is in the game because according to CBSSports, Barkley WILL be in the game.

... "Barkley and other top-50 players like Elgin Baylor, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier will be available as players on the opposing teams facing off against the legends in a series of "NBA's Greatest" rivalry games. Barkley will appear as a member of Dr. J's 76ers and a young O'Neal will be on the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic..".

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/31418633

Could there be a Big announcement coming Monday! Maybe 2K is Teasing us and will reveal him. Just got to wait and see!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Use a tinyurl link ClevelandinDistress. I can't get to that link.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
WrestlingGod mentioned this in another thread.

Good thing I read this official Insight. I would have thought Barkley is in the game because according to CBSSports, Barkley WILL be in the game.

... "Barkley and other top-50 players like Elgin Baylor, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier will be available as players on the opposing teams facing off against the legends in a series of "NBA's Greatest" rivalry games. Barkley will appear as a member of Dr. J's 76ers and a young O'Neal will be on the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic..".

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/31418633

Could there be a Big announcement coming Monday! Maybe 2K is Teasing us and will reveal him. Just got to wait and see!
That link sent me to a PAGE NOT FOUND page with no info, did they pull it down or is the link bad?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/31418633

Quote:
As Kotaku.com notes, Barkley and other top-50 players like Elgin Baylor, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Clyde Drexler, David Robinson, Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier will be available as players on the opposing teams facing off against the legends in a series of "NBA's Greatest" rivalry games. Barkley will appear as a member of Dr. J's 76ers and a young O'Neal will be on the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic.
Early in the article he actually complains about Barkley not being in. I checked the Kotaku article and there is no mention. We'll just wait for Monday, LOL.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 25

Either way who ever wrote the article screwed up.

A) Barkley is in and gave away a huge reveal that 2k is hiding for so reason (this seems unlikely to me but you never know)

or

B) Barkley isn't in and he is misleading a lot of potential consumers, remember this may be the only news article that some people read involving the "Greatest Mode" for 2k12.

Hopefully Monday will bring us an explanation for the confusion. Personally I don't think that CBS would the first choice for 2k to release such an announcement so I go with option B.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 32
This is turrrible Ernie.... seriously, as long as we have some greats to mess around with - the novelty wears off and the real fun is to be had with the current players IMO...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »