Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

First let me establish that I am a Panthers fan, but I support all the NFC South teams when it's not vs us. So these opinions will be unbiased.

Marques Colston's speed at 83 (one less than last year) is straight disrespect. Is he a burner, not by any means, but when TE Jimmy Graham has better speed (85) somethings wrong. Colston should be around 86-88, but with mid 80's acc, giving him the speed to get down field but he'd need a bit longer to get deep because he doesn't have elite burst.

As far as Greer to be successful you must use what he's good at, which is press man. So to allow him to cover the #1's you need to create pressure to get to the QB. You can't sit back in Cov 1/Cov 2 man and expect him to last too long. Especially considering how "strong" man defense was last year.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Rookie

saintsyadig's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
First let me establish that I am a Panthers fan, but I support all the NFC South teams when it's not vs us. So these opinions will be unbiased.

Marques Colston's speed at 83 (one less than last year) is straight disrespect. Is he a burner, not by any means, but when TE Jimmy Graham has better speed (85) somethings wrong. Colston should be around 86-88, but with mid 80's acc, giving him the speed to get down field but he'd need a bit longer to get deep because he doesn't have elite burst.

As far as Greer to be successful you must use what he's good at, which is press man. So to allow him to cover the #1's you need to create pressure to get to the QB. You can't sit back in Cov 1/Cov 2 man and expect him to last too long. Especially considering how "strong" man defense was last year.
How u feel about the panthers? Are the ratings cool with u?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
DT Frank Okam+++
OLB Geno Hayes---
OT James Lee---
OG Ted Larsen+++
WR Desmon Briscoe+++++++++++++++
RE Michael Bennett---
Old 08-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsyadig
How u feel about the panthers? Are the ratings cool with u?

I don't get too much into the overall ratings but overall I was pretty happy with them finally getting some love.

3rd Round DT's-69 and 65 ovr-96/92 str, 84/82 bsh respectively
4th Round DB-67 ovr-90 spd, 95 acc, 82 man, 71 zn, 55 prs (ouch)
5th Round WR-59 ovr-91 spd, 84 acc, 84 cth, 83 cit

I was disappointed to see Jonathan Stewart as a 81 ovr, 85 seems about right, but when you see his ratings 90 spd, 86 acc, 93 trk, 90 car he will easily outplay his ovr. Was happy with David Gettis' bump up to 94 spd, 95 acc vs 92 spd, 90 acc.

Ryan Kalil a 1st team Pro-Bowl player at 86 seemed a bit low, 90-92 range seems about right. I think they represented our starting LB's really well. Obviously happy about Cam and can't wait for a season of progression to raise his 72 MAC which will make passing a bit of a challenge at times early. With everyone else I'm pretty happy, sad to see Smith losing a step, and Shockey's speed fall to 77, with 79 acc.

We re-signed, and have added a lot of talent between TE-Olsen, our draftees, and DT-Ron Edwards (IR) smh. We had talent last season but between predictable playcalling, conservative defense, and inept QB play we fell to the bottom of what I think is the toughest division in the NFL.

I'll go as far as to say we will surprise some people, I'm not predicting playoffs, but we won't be pushovers either.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #21
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I would Bump Ingram's speed up to an 88 as well as Colstons. Ingram should be rated around 82 overall. Sedrick Ellis should be bumped to an 88 overall as well.

The issue with players like Colston is speed is king in Madden and being a tall Possession receiver doesn't transfer over well from real life into Madden. The only way to combat the issue is to bump up his speed.

Robert Meachem- catch rating is lower than Jimmy Grahams???? I love Jimmy but there is no way from watching both of their play that you can support that decision. Bump catch to 83

Chase Daniel- I have only gotten to see him in pre-season that being said I think he is a more than capable back up and should have his THP bumped to 85 and THA to 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #22
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

Based on Colston's mid 4.5 forty speed, I think the best he should get is an 85 speed. I'm perfectly fine with 83. Problem is there's guys who run the same times as him who are given 90 speed ratings.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I would Bump Ingram's speed up to an 88

No way to justify that, Ingram ran a 4.62 40 at the combine, he doesn't have top end speed. Every scout/ananlyst shares the opinion that he's not a home run hitter, but he can get yards in chunks because he has good burst, he's hard to bring down, and he makes people miss in the hole.

Just because speed is over-effective in Madden doesn't justify a players speed being boosted to be a better "Madden Player". Colston isn't fast in comparison to other receivers and DB's, when he makes plays vertically he uses his frame 6'4", and leaping ability (ala Fitz) to box out the DB and attack the ball at it's highest point. He doesn't run past anyone, but he can get deep.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #24
Rookie

saintsyadig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
No way to justify that, Ingram ran a 4.62 40 at the combine, he doesn't have top end speed. Every scout/ananlyst shares the opinion that he's not a home run hitter, but he can get yards in chunks because he has good burst, he's hard to bring down, and he makes people miss in the hole.

Just because speed is over-effective in Madden doesn't justify a players speed being boosted to be a better "Madden Player". Colston isn't fast in comparison to other receivers and DB's, when he makes plays vertically he uses his frame 6'4", and leaping ability (ala Fitz) to box out the DB and attack the ball at it's highest point. He doesn't run past anyone, but he can get deep.
Panthers look good. I'm hoping our rookie Joe Morgan makes the team so they can add him on madden. He fast. What about Jabari at 90 speed at least?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »