Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
No way to justify that, Ingram ran a 4.62 40 at the combine, he doesn't have top end speed. Every scout/ananlyst shares the opinion that he's not a home run hitter, but he can get yards in chunks because he has good burst, he's hard to bring down, and he makes people miss in the hole.

Just because speed is over-effective in Madden doesn't justify a players speed being boosted to be a better "Madden Player". Colston isn't fast in comparison to other receivers and DB's, when he makes plays vertically he uses his frame 6'4", and leaping ability (ala Fitz) to box out the DB and attack the ball at it's highest point. He doesn't run past anyone, but he can get deep.

That's the point EA can't transfer over the effects of being a huge receiver into Madden. Regardless, Colston deserves a higher speed rating.

As far as Ingram's speed goes columbine speed and gameday are two different things, a bump to Ingram's speed is more than justifiable.

I don't even think there is an argument that Colston isn't getting robbed in the speed department this year......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #26
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Ingram's rating is spot on cause his Acc is what like a 96 or something? He ran like a 4.6 or something at the combine but he ran the fastest 10 yd burst in the 40 for either just the RBs or the entire combine. Which is why he'll succeed in both the NFL and in Madden, he's got that quick burst to hit the hole and gain consistent yards then he still has the speed and moves to hit an occassional home run.

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 08-22-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #27
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

I would definitely bump Colston's speed a bit (but EA has never really given him speed. It's the curse of Yahoo marking him as a TE his rookie year) and, for me, the BIG thing that needs to happen is bump all of Moore's catch ratings up. This guys is pure money and that's why the Saints just gave him a lot more of it. He will do whatever it takes to get the catch.

I would like to see what happens on the opening day update in regards to the RT situation. Stinch was released, and, at the moment, Strief is starting.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
That's the point EA can't transfer over the effects of being a huge receiver into Madden. Regardless, Colston deserves a higher speed rating.

As far as Ingram's speed goes columbine speed and gameday are two different things, a bump to Ingram's speed is more than justifiable.

I don't even think there is an argument that Colston isn't getting robbed in the speed department this year......
100% not true, big WR's with high catch, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, and jumping are some of the most frustrating receivers to defend in Madden. It's beginning to show you're a speed guy, and based off your posts so far I'm led to believe Bush, Meachem, and Henderson would lead in receptions for you.

I think Colston needs a "small bump" in speed but no higher than 88, with 85'ish acc. He has 90 jmp, 96 cth, 88 spc, 98 cit, and 92 rrg; if you can't get a 6'4" receiver involved with that skill set I'd be under the assumption that your route tree consists of goes, slants, drags, and flats. All routes that are dependent upon speed in Madden.

I normally play with Carolina but in games where I have used the Saints, and the several I've played vs the Saints he is the hardest of their WR's to contain because he catches seemingly everything even in tight coverage. you can't bump him, when you do he beats the press (90+ release), so when you play off the quick "zero slant" is there, not to mention the fades in the red zone which are highly productive with a receiver of his stature and ratings. In short odds are you may not be using him right in the confines of his skill set, as you keep coming back to the point that he's not good because he isn't fast enough.

Now I agree faster players with lesser ratings are extremely effective, but Colston doesn't need speed to be effective if you use him in ways that play to his ratings, and not to Madden.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
First let me establish that I am a Panthers fan, but I support all the NFC South teams when it's not vs us.
If you root for your division opponents when they don't play the Panthers, then you aren't a very good Panthers fan.

You seem knowledgeable enough though, so this is strange to me.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #30
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
100% not true, big WR's with high catch, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, and jumping are some of the most frustrating receivers to defend in Madden. It's beginning to show you're a speed guy, and based off your posts so far I'm led to believe Bush, Meachem, and Henderson would lead in receptions for you.

I think Colston needs a "small bump" in speed but no higher than 88, with 85'ish acc. He has 90 jmp, 96 cth, 88 spc, 98 cit, and 92 rrg; if you can't get a 6'4" receiver involved with that skill set I'd be under the assumption that your route tree consists of goes, slants, drags, and flats. All routes that are dependent upon speed in Madden.

I normally play with Carolina but in games where I have used the Saints, and the several I've played vs the Saints he is the hardest of their WR's to contain because he catches seemingly everything even in tight coverage. you can't bump him, when you do he beats the press (90+ release), so when you play off the quick "zero slant" is there, not to mention the fades in the red zone which are highly productive with a receiver of his stature and ratings. In short odds are you may not be using him right in the confines of his skill set, as you keep coming back to the point that he's not good because he isn't fast enough.

Now I agree faster players with lesser ratings are extremely effective, but Colston doesn't need speed to be effective if you use him in ways that play to his ratings, and not to Madden.
You just agreed with me his speed should be bumped up to 88..... as far as using Colston and his Effectiveness- it has nothing to do with how I use him, it is more that specifically fades in general especially in the endzone are not as effective as they should be specifically with bigger guys and is something EA has yet to fix. There is no throwing a jump ball into the corner of the endzone and letting Colston go up and get it. It has nothing to do with ratings it's the way Madden itself plays because EA hasn't figured out how to have it play out realistically.

Top WR's for me are always Colston and Meachem... I usually trade Bush away immediately for draft picks.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 37
Have to admit it will be weird seing Sharper not as a saint bc he helped them win the superbowl a couple years ago. A 82 ovr seems a bit low when he gets int's a lot, 63 career, but can't wait for him to finally sign as a Patriot so we can add another ball hawk to our secondary!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #32
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0

The bucs got screwed. Even the panties got a better "madden" team despite being a lot worse in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »