Home

NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #9
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Just finished playing two games (both of which I recorded and will post here later on)

First thing I noticed was how fluid and smooth the skating is compared to NHL 11. It doesn't feel as stiff as it used to. It's awesome to see Ballard or Bieksa skating hard down the ice to retrieve the puck. His arms are pumping, his head down. Truly awesome.

The cut scenes are similar, but they play with sound. So for example, if I make a hit, they will play the replay of the hit but with the "hit" sound, skating, boards, etc. Goals are different now, you score a goal, it goes to the crowd, then to the celebration, then shows a few different angles of the goal.

There are a lot of other things I can go over, but I'll leave that for when I go and make the demo videos later today. NHL 12 might not have the "WOW" factor past games have had, but I believe NHL 12 is a game of little things and little changes and I truly cannot wait until the full retail version of the game comes out!
Ahhh I'm so excitedddd. Mines at about 60% right now and I'm itching to play. I noticed how good the skating looked in the Jagr quick clip and I'm excited to try it out.

AND WE CAN FINALLY PLAY AS THE BRUINS IN THE DEMO!!!!! Winning the Stanley Cup is awesome it has so many perks lol.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360) Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
Ahhh I'm so excitedddd. Mines at about 60% right now and I'm itching to play. I noticed how good the skating looked in the Jagr quick clip and I'm excited to try it out.

AND WE CAN FINALLY PLAY AS THE BRUINS IN THE DEMO!!!!! Winning the Stanley Cup is awesome it has so many perks lol.
Yeah and one thing I noticed while playing was that I broke Mason Raymond's stick, so I skate to the bench to retrieve one. You remember how in NHL 11, you just magically got a new stick off of the bench? Well in NHL 12, you literally have a team mate hanging over the boards, holding his stick out for you to grab! Just one of the MANY little things I mentioned in my previous post.

I cannot wait to post these demo commentaries!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Guys, is "Rogers Arena" present at center ice?

A curious European needs confirmation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
Rookie

Wow as a main OTP/Club player here is what I was looking for and noticed...

The computer D is still inept (even on superstar, which is one level higher than OTP). Which means kids that glitch goal and curl drag over and over and over again will still be able to do so.

Hits are even bigger than in '11, how is that possible??? Mason Raymond came and knocked me over with no momentum when I was Johnny Boychuk, how does that work? Most realistic hockey game ever, FAIL.

We can only play "be a pro" as a center???...Here is what that says to me, EA is still working on the "in front of the net presence" and will release yet another product unfinished. If you can't play D in the "be a pro mode" how are we supposed to know if the "in front of the net presence" works or doesn't work correctly?

Yet another NHL demo has been released where we cannot play as a goalie. A HUGE disappointment since that contained one of their "new" features.

Look guys, I really went into this with the highest of hopes but the lowest of expectations. I still came out disappointed. I will end up getting this game, but only because there is no other hockey option out there. I know there will be a lot of you that will knock me for this post, but it is just my opinion. I'm trying to think in terms of OTP/Club and I just don't see that area of NHL improving, or even being upgraded, through this demo.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Last edited by beantownbruins; 08-23-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #13
Rookie

tgalv21's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Wow as a main OTP player here is what I was looking for and noticed...

The computer D is still inept (even on superstar, which is one level higher than OTP). Which means kids that glitch goal and curl drag over and over and over again will still be able to do so.

Hits are even bigger than in '11, how is that possible??? Mason Raymond came and knocked me over with no momentum when I was Johnny Boychuk, how does that work? Most realistic hockey game ever, FAIL.

We can only play "be a pro" as a center???...Here is what that says to me, EA is still working on the "in front of the net presence" and will release yet another product unfinished. If you can't play D in the "be a pro mode" how are we supposed to know if the "in front of the net presence" works or doesn't work?

Yet another NHL demo has been released where we cannot play as a goalie. A HUGE disappointment since that contained one of their "new" features.

Look guys, I really went into this with the highest of hopes but the lowest of expectations. I still came out disappointed. I will end up getting this game, but only because there is no other hockey option out there.
umm what's stopping you from skating over to someone in front of the net and using the net presence stuff? plus the demo has been out for about an hour i don't understand how you've came to such negative conclusions especially without actually playing online.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #14
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Wow as a main OTP player here is what I was looking for and noticed...

We can only play "be a pro" as a center???...Here is what that says to me, EA is still working on the "in front of the net presence" and will release yet another product unfinished. If you can't play D in the "be a pro mode" how are we supposed to know if the "in front of the net presence" works or doesn't work?

Look guys, I really went into this with the highest of hopes but the lowest of expectations. I still came out disappointed. I will end up getting this game, but only because there is no other hockey option out there.
Ugh. I could care less about BAP. You can be a Center for sure. Who gives a **** if you can't do certain things in the demo. It is a DEMO.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
Ugh. I could care less about BAP. You can be a Center for sure. Who gives a **** if you can't do certain things in the demo. It is a DEMO.
Because like I said I am thinking in terms of OTP/Club. I play D in both. I just think it is a disappoinment that you can't play D, or anything besides C for that matter, in this demo. Last year you could play anything except goalie.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv21
umm what's stopping you from skating over to someone in front of the net and using the net presence stuff? plus the demo has been out for about an hour i don't understand how you've came to such negative conclusions especially without actually playing online.
Because the same moves that kids exploited in NHL 11 still work in the demo. I'm not trying to start an argument, just saying what I noticed. If those moves still work then there will be those who still exploit it, making OTP/Club less fun.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »