Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (SLAM)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (SLAM) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (SLAM)

SLAM has posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
You know how in most basketball games—well, probably in most sports games in general—there’s a kind of invisible wall surrounding the court/playing field, so if you’re controlling a player and run him out of bounds, he’ll just be stopped by a supernatural force? That doesn’t really exist anymore. If you run a defender into the scorer’s table, just like in real life, he’ll jump up and hop into the crowd, then gather himself and get back into the action. If you run him into the sidelines, he’ll leap over the folks lucky enough to be seated courtside before curbing his momentum and turning around. Cool, no?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: SLAM Magazine Preview NBA 2k12

more stuff to read on a lazy day! thanks!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Two things make me happy from this article

1. Ball is more tangible, not phasing through things.

2. Post play is getting improvements.

I don't think I heard either of those two before this article. That's really good.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
You know how in most basketball games—well, probably in most sports games in general—there’s a kind of invisible wall surrounding the court/playing field, so if you’re controlling a player and run him out of bounds, he’ll just be stopped by a supernatural force? That doesn’t really exist anymore. If you run a defender into the scorer’s table, just like in real life, he’ll jump up and hop into the crowd, then gather himself and get back into the action. If you run him into the sidelines, he’ll leap over the folks lucky enough to be seated courtside before curbing his momentum and turning around. Cool, no?
I mean, we saw Magic jump the scorer's table in the teaser already, but I didn't know about this one.

Yes, please.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
there’s a kind of invisible wall surrounding the court/playing field, so if you’re controlling a player and run him out of bounds, he’ll just be stopped by a supernatural force? That doesn’t really exist anymore. If you run a defender into the scorer’s table, just like in real life, he’ll jump up and hop into the crowd, then gather himself and get back into the action. If you run him into the sidelines, he’ll leap over the folks lucky enough to be seated courtside before curbing his momentum and turning around. Cool, no?
I'm a little worried about this along with delayed inbound passes. In 2k11 you could get stuck to the mop boy, on the ref, and on the chairs along the sidelines. These animations were way to drawn out. They look cool in trailers but often wind up being annoying gameplay wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I'm a little worried about this along with delayed inbound passes. In 2k11 you could get stuck to the mop boy, on the ref, and on the chairs along the sidelines. These animations were way to drawn out. They look cool in trailers but often wind up being annoying gameplay wise.
Not to be rude, and I may be alone on this one, but realism is what makes 2K, in my opinion, king of basketball games.
I mean, I'm not saying that every 80 games they should have someone spill a drink on the court and have a 30 second delay watching the mop crew clean it up, but I personally don't mind running into things because it keeps the gameplay more lifelike.

Would you rather it go back to having an invisible wall with no interaction with the mop person or ref?
Old 08-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Not to be rude, and I may be alone on this one, but realism is what makes 2K, in my opinion, king of basketball games.
I mean, I'm not saying that every 80 games they should have someone spill a drink on the court and have a 30 second delay watching the mop crew clean it up, but I personally don't mind running into things because it keeps the gameplay more lifelike.

Would you rather it go back to having an invisible wall with no interaction with the mop person or ref?
No, I dont mind the animations happening as long as they are not drawn out and I can gain control back of my player. In 2k11, when you bump into the referee, he sticks to you like glue and impedes your progresss even if your pressing the LS in the opposite direction.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach

I don't mind the mascot being out there but they overlap the inbouder much more than they should. It is kind of an eye sore.
PS4: Nothing currently

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »