Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
U know, I for
Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #18
MVP

What I was tryna say before sumthin weird happened on my EVO - U know, I did forget about the new physics engine and I did say a while back how maybe it can fix what I feel are bad controls. I still want right stick dribbling but I'll have to see how things playout next yr when EA gets back into the fray. I wanna see if 2K will reveal r-stick dribbling knowing EA will most likely gotten their NBA joint on track, possibly with a vengeance.
However, back to these previews, there is nary any excitement in regards to the physics in any of them. One mentions them the most but I didn't get any excitement jumping off the screen when I read it. These all seem like status quo breakdown previews and I DO understand they are just previews and I KNOW what previews but previews are a good measure of what to expect. That is their purpose, right.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
MVP

Dern EVO....Anyway, Czar has it right - Get dem hands on it for myself which is also status quo for me, at least when it comes to the demos. 2K11 disappointed me, heavily. We'll see...
Old 08-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid)

You can map the dribble move to the right stick by switching to controller setup Alternate B. I used to play that way before I joined the shot stick revolution.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #21
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid)

I noticed that the player that is guarding Bill Russell's hook shot in the top photo is Darrall Imhoff, who was also guarding Wilt the night he had his 100 point game.

Sounds like a classic team scenario to mod into the game to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 16
qpc123 @ 08/25/11 09:30 PM
You can map the dribble move to the right stick by switching to controller setup Alternate B. I used to play that way before I joined the shot stick revolution.

---

You can map it but they changed it from previous years. It's not the same once they moved the hesitation to the left trigger. It basically made the dribble stick a waste of time.

That was my set up for years until some idiot at 2k decided to change the trigger operations.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 16
What made it a waste of time is that you could hold the left trigger and turn your dribble stick into the shot stick. That's no longer possible.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19
that's great that the announcesr finish their thoughts after being interrupted. That was the one thing that I did not like about the coomenatry in 2k. Glad they addressed that.
I can not wait for this game to be released. Man oh Man... 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »