Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually, Ive read the exact opposite from the dev team. They actually have a thread on the Undisputed forum stating that their focus is on simulation. They added a sim mode that factors in stamina heavily, added leg kick KO's, added finish the fight which significantly reduces one punch KO's and ground sways that adds realism to defense. All of those things are sim additions.
I agree with this ^^ ^^. Also last year after my brother and I got pretty good at the game - 8 out of 10 fights (3 rounds) would go to the cards. We hardly ever had straight KOs, - the 20% or so of fights that were finished were mostly submissions or TKOs. Against the CPU that was a different story because the AI was not very good and were very easy to KO.

That was prob due to the fact that we were both good at the game and a a similar skill level. I guarantee if you go in to this years slugging out toe to toe- the same thing will happen that was in 2010- someone will get KO'd. It'll be as sim as you want it to be or not be.

It's nice they added in a few features to make it more sim . .. but my experience last year was fairly sim based on how we approached fights, could've used some tweaking but as our skill levels got higher . .. our KOs went down drastically , just sayin'

Last edited by wyrm187; 08-26-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually, Ive read the exact opposite from the dev team. They actually have a thread on the Undisputed forum stating that their focus is on simulation. They added a sim mode that factors in stamina heavily, added leg kick KO's, added finish the fight which significantly reduces one punch KO's and ground sways that adds realism to defense. All of those things are sim additions.
I guess we'll see how they pan out, then. I'd like it if they actually tried.

I still don't trust a lot of companies because of EA Sports - I tend to be pessimistic about what they say they're doing. So far from the videos, it doesn't look any more sim.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
already know it's not a good sign when Bunn ends the previous fight with the words, "the training wheels are coming off," but I accept the last and most humiliating fight. Bunn activates simulation mode: a hardcore modifier that forces you to fight a realistic pace and not waste energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yep, that will be the mode I play on. One thing that has me concerned now that is you can just spam the punch button to get out of the muay thai clinch now.

I'm really hoping this simulation mode is actually simulation!

This is the first thing that is getting me excited about this game after those first rock'em sock'em gameplay videos got me down on this
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »