Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

In many ways, Madden NFL Football is the most anticipated, discussed and debated game in our genre each and every year.

The lead up to Madden NFL 12 has brought a new wave of optimism for the series, as many issues fans have had with the series were promised to be fixed, tuned or tweaked. In many ways, the Madden team has accomplished their goals of moving the series forward. Unfortunately, those expecting a return to greatness for the series are going to be disappointed.

Read More - Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
is it really this bad? i remember with all the blogs coming out, everybody was saying this will be a great game... what happened?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 21
Pretty good review but I would bump the rating up to a 8.0.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Looks like I will be waiting for a price drop. Thanks for the review man and great job at describing Madden for what it really is, and that's average at best.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
is it really this bad? i remember with all the blogs coming out, everybody was saying this will be a great game... what happened?
We don't score games like college papers. We use a full 10 point scale. Read the scoring rubric listed at the top of the page. 7.5 doesn't mean the game is the equivalent to a C. Been trying to stress that with the links at the front of reviews for awhile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11
I think its a good review for right out the box review, maybe post patch reviews for Madden and most sports games should now be included-- I def. think I'll wait to purchase after the patches
Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
I think OS should put the word "good" in the big circle at the top of the review to help people with the scoring system.

You have "good" at the bottom of the page, but not everyone is going to make it down to the bottom of the page.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I think OS should put the word "good" in the big circle at the top of the review to help people with the scoring system.

You have "good" at the bottom of the page, but not everyone is going to make it down to the bottom of the page.
Already talking about doing just this....probably something we'll work on getting in the coming month or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »