Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Fair review based on my few days of playing the Season Ticket version.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
We don't score games like college papers. We use a full 10 point scale. Read the scoring rubric listed at the top of the page. 7.5 doesn't mean the game is the equivalent to a C. Been trying to stress that with the links at the front of reviews for awhile
That's why Metacritic can sometimes be so confusing with the grades and stars transferring into numbers where it really doesn't translate. (But we're not on Metacritic, so not really something we have to worry about!)
Old 08-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Fair score, this game is a really LAZY release in almost every area. EA needs some football competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Good review, I don't agree with it though. I think this is the best football game I've ever played, hands down.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
I think its a good review for right out the box review, maybe post patch reviews for Madden and most sports games should now be included-- I def. think I'll wait to purchase after the patches
Post patch reviews would be an awful idea, in my opinion. You might have a different opinion of the game after a patch, but you have to judge and review the product that's being sold off the shelves.

On-topic: Nice review. Seems to be a little on the generous side with a 7.5 as I had expected less after reading 6 paragraphs of pointing out flaws in basically all elements of the gameplay, yet stating it's fun and balanced. From my time with the demo, I'm experiencing a lot more frustration than fun.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 13
What about DPP? I don't know if you elaborated on it in any part of the review. For me, this is a good feature with great potential that they should get more credit for. I agree about the cutting corners, but don't forget NFL 2k5, despite being more animation sound than Madden, had its weird things too, which is why I made the comparison that I did. I will give them more credit for franchise mode, yet I am awfully (if not more than you are) disappointed by Superstar and Online Franchise, as well as lack of "NFL Today" type of statistical integration.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
What about DPP? I don't know if you elaborated on it in any part of the review. For me, this is a good feature with great potential that they should get more credit for. I agree about the cutting corners, but don't forget NFL 2k5, despite being more animation sound than Madden, had its weird things too, which is why I made the comparison that I did. I will give them more credit for franchise mode, yet I am awfully (if not more than you are) disappointed by Superstar and Online Franchise, as well as lack of "NFL Today" type of statistical integration.
Read both the Gameplay and Franchise review linked at the top. I touched on it enough there that I didn't feel the need to really elaborate on it again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

so in all honesty, would you consider playing 11 over 12?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »