Home

NBA 2K12 Preview (Part One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Preview (Part One) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K12 Preview (Part One)

Quote:
Some other random things I noticed include subtle nuances that have been added for casual dribbles and mannerisms. The game also allows users to add up to 16 plays in a playbook to any particular player on the floor. If Kobe is your guy, he can truly be the focal point now. Another addition I loved was the tweaked in-game coaching strategy mapped to the directional pad. Players can instruct a basic offense to set screens for shooters or to space the floor rather than run specific plays. This allows the game to flow while running a core offensive system on the fly
Definitely loving this.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I respect it...

maybe Im in the minority... as I said I just want some info on things I'll touch...

DETROIT!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
I've picked up my NBA 2K11 lately and having a fun time with it. Reading this preview just makes me more hungry about the NBA 2K12 release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Chase any input on the drop step and signature gather? Being you had more time than Steve and he wasn't able to determine the button for the gather.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Chase any input on the drop step and signature gather? Being you had more time than Steve and he wasn't able to determine the button for the gather.
I'll talk about it with more depth, but I feel like the Y button thing is probably just personal preference, doesn't really mess with the functionality to me (except perhaps to enter and exit post post play in an easier fashion? -- I can't remember if you just press Y again to get out of post play). The post-game itself is the part worth talking about rather than the single button to initiate for me. I never really use signature gather, so I didn't even notice it wasn't on Y -- but it would make sense if post-up is there now.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

I can't believe nobody isn't mentioning this:

"Julius Erving’s body frame appeared and felt unique to his game. His larger than life wingspan, and his maneuverability in the air allowed him to attack the rim at ease. "

Can someone please confirm if real wingspan has been effectively added to the game?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

He said Cousy is in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0
I really am tired of hearin reviews for the greatest mode also.. Enough is enough what about the gameplay.. Is the a button for hopstep/ spin aka spin dunking? I hope not. Do the players freeze when you shoot like 2k11 online was? When u catch the ball and you get bumped in the paint do you fall on the floor n loose the ball like 2k11 did?? So many other things in term of gameplay...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »