Home

NHL 12 Video Interviews - Gameplay, Legends, Online Leagues, Season Pass, Improvement

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video Interviews - Gameplay, Legends, Online Leagues, Season Pass, Improvement within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 AM   #9
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 12 Video - Gameplay Preview

It was nice to hear the guy talking about the BAP goalie experince has improved. I liked doing it, but sometimes you had to wait like 10 minutes for a shot to come at you, players would sit there with the puck for seconds at a time not doing anything. Then it would suck hardcore when you let a goal in because you'd get maybe 6 or 7 shots on you a game. Terrible save percentages.

Really glad they improved the shooting AI, hopefully it comes through in the game!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 12 Video - Gameplay Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Wow i love that action tracker thing, its great! So now replays dont have to be uploaded during the game, you can wait until afterwards to watch and upload the ones you want! cool! also, i really like the way the puck bounces off goalies.. much more bounce to the puck compared to 11 imo
The action tracker looks a great and much needed addition. The net graphic showing where shots have hit is a nice touch and will help when adjusting those accuracy sliders for human or AI.

My anticipation for 12 has now doubled after seeing this video. I usually spend quite a bit of time looking at replays and having to interrupt the flow of the game to do this previously was annoying.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 12 Video Interviews - Gameplay, Legends, Online Leagues, Season Pass, Improve

Maybe it's going to exactly like last year for me since I was pretty pumped up for NHL 11 with the summer footage and demo, while beeing completely discouraged early december, but I really like what I saw in the BaP video.

Action Tracker is pretty nice and reminds me of the GameCast from ESPN. To me, that's a superb idea to have put it in, and if it works like it's suppose to, it's even going to be fun watching in while waiting for next shift (which I won't always do).

Also, the AI seems to be less idiot and dumb than in NHL 11. D reacts more like I want them to react. Not perfect, but at least, nothing odd like in NHL 11 with pinning, backing and stupid wingers going to corners on a 2 on 1. There's seem to be something in the AI we're they are no more hesitating and skating in circle before entering the zone.

Hope the retail version will not provide bugs and lapses that makes NHL 11 less than what it could have been (at least for me).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 12 Video Interviews - Gameplay, Legends, Online Leagues, Season Pass, Improve

there was absolutely nothing about online leagues in that video.

EAUHL is not an online league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »