Home

It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore

This is a discussion on It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Maybe they will understand supply and demand....we are demanding a secondary title and they aren't supplying us with one.

Eventually that demand will fade and the world will be pro-2k...Meaning expectations are even going to be higher. And if their title even has the slightest glitch, EA will pay for it dearly with backlash.

Making us wait another year is just plain stupid and bad for business, now they speak of a 14 and 15 title...Just completely forgot about 12,13! So basically they are saying the heck with PS3 and 360, we'll focus on Next Consoles.

I appreciate it, but no thanks! Release 12,13 on PC and let us mod it, we'll get your game to 2k standards on our own.

You took NCAA Basketball from us, and now pulling the NBA from us too, and making up more excuses about time. Not interested! They will kill their fan base before they release another game.
Excellent points. I never thought of them pulling the plug on this generation of consoles.
Chances are you're right and they're really focusing everything on next-gen and hope to get ahead of 2K before they lose the race completely.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Maybe they will understand supply and demand....we are demanding a secondary title and they aren't supplying us with one.

Eventually that demand will fade and the world will be pro-2k...Meaning expectations are even going to be higher. And if their title even has the slightest glitch, EA will pay for it dearly with backlash.

Making us wait another year is just plain stupid and bad for business, now they speak of a 14 and 15 title...Just completely forgot about 12,13! So basically they are saying the heck with PS3 and 360, we'll focus on Next Consoles.

I appreciate it, but no thanks! Release 12,13 on PC and let us mod it, we'll get your game to 2k standards on our own.

You took NCAA Basketball from us, and now pulling the NBA from us too, and making up more excuses about time. Not interested! They will kill their fan base before they release another game.

Well said, they have had more then enough time to make NBA live/elite 12 "competitive" no more excuses EA!!!!
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

So will Peter Moore accept responsibility for the Live franchise being in the state that its in now? These changes happened under him.
MLB: New York Mets
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
i hope it turns out to be a good product. definitely not better than 2k but decent enough to make a good sales year
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk826
So will Peter Moore accept responsibility for the Live franchise being in the state that its in now? These changes happened under him.
Under Peter Moore EA sports really went down the tubes this gen imo the only series that really flourished was FIFA.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 49
NBA 2k has too much talent to compete with IMO. I bet they will wait until next gen to try to compete. 2k would have to really mess up to loose top spot. IMO you just cant beat 2k at hoops & football
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Yea honestly with the way 2k basketball has evolved u can't help but imagine they would be top dogs in basketball and football if the NFL haven't of went exclusive. Just because you r a company thats been around the longest has the most money doesn't.necessarily mean you r capable of creating the best video game. This is secretly a cry for NFL 2k to come back because Madden has had too many chances to catch up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
this makes me laugh... this reminds me of what rebuilding NBA teams do nowadays ownership knows that the franchise or product is garbage so what they do is tell everybody that we are in "REBUILDING" mode so that they will have an excuse for not being good. me personally i think LIVE/ELITE 13 will still not be as good as Live 10 because the person who made live 10 good IMO ( Mike Wang ) is now playing for the other team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »