Home

Gamers Who Refuse to Play Madden Embrace Older Games

This is a discussion on Gamers Who Refuse to Play Madden Embrace Older Games within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #9
Rookie

Jaaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gamers Who Refuse to Play Madden Embrace Older Games

My story is that every single current gen Madden has been an absolutely awful representation of football. Period. (yes that includes 12)
Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Not a bad article I would have expected it to be a bit more in depth but he made the point in a positive way,I don't know about those guys who refuse to play Madden all most of us ever really wanted was an option and not be steered towards a one and only choice this is still America and as such I feel the deal was totally unfair but its all about the buisness/bucks and that company didn't think of the real fans who lose that option.

Oh by the way I did purchase Madden as I do every year and still enjoy 2k Football and editing rosters as I have a real passion for the game and plan on having fun with both.

A Fan Of 2k Football
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-31-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaa
My story is that every single current gen Madden has been an absolutely awful representation of football. Period. (yes that includes 12)
Same story. It's weird to see the NCAA franchise flourish but their next door neighbors make some basic mistakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm trying to complete my 2k5 100%. all milestones, career stats, etc. I think Madden is playable, but I just don't like the fundamentals of the game, I feel they are too frustrating. So, I'll be focusing on 2k5 again this year.

Also, just started a Carolina franchise and got rookie Stephen Jackson and rookie Roy Williams. It will be a fun season
Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

I used to love Madden but really enjoyed 2k when it became available for PS1. I just enjoyed the feel. I dumped Madden before when NFL Gameday came out but came back a yr later. I played 2k5 until last yr when I bought APF8. I rent Madden but just can't get into it. I don't like the feel. Depending on what I hear I may rent this yrs version. I haven't bought Madden since 2002 I think.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
I must admit that I have a bit of sour grapes because of only one developer making an NFL game. This is the first year that I have not gotten madden, mostly because the price is a tad bit high for very little changes.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Nice to see an FSU Alumn in the story. I took a stand this year and decided not to buy Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #16
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2
Yesterday I traded Ncaa 12 for Madden because I am an offline player most of the time. I'm not a fanboy of ea at all as I liked 2k5 also. Ncaa 12 was good but I didnt like how the dynasty played out after the 5th or 6th year. I traded it in for Madden yesterday.

All I am going to say is that Madden 10 to me was the best Madden in this generation of consoles until I played this game. No game is perfect but with the community And your own tweaking of rules and sliders, it does what every game is suppose to do and that is to entertain. Some games make games too realistic that it becomes
boring. Madden is not to make every game realistic as possible, it is there for enjoyment. That is where it succeeded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »