Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (CBS)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (CBS) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #9
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CBS: NBA 2K12 hands-on preview

good read. thanks op.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Man, errbody gettin' they hands on 2K12 but us.

Damn that, I want MY hands on this game.

Where you at, Oct. 4th?

- Michael Jordan
Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Finally, someone who has played the game before. Most interesting bit was the play calling. It doesn't really matter that they more than halved the number of plays because lots of them were rubbish anyway. Good to see that the PG isn't the only one to start the plays and that the plays have several reads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #12
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Presentation aside, the aspect that really stood out was the improved AI. In past years, AI controlled players weren't too committed to moving without the ball unless you called a specific play. In 2K12, players are intent on getting to the spots where they can succeed. Hakeem Olajuwon would work to get position in the post to pull off his patent Dream Shake. The '85 76ers set a screen under the basket for Moses Malone to get him deep, low-post position. When I pitted the current Warriors against the Showtime Lakers, James Worthy and Magic Johnson continued to try to post up Golden State's smaller backcourt of Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry. These instances turned each possession into a chess match.
I liked reading this...to many times in 2k11 i've seen smaller guards posting up someone bigger than them...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #13
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13
Thanks for all the positive feedback on the story. There were so many little gameplay additions that they've made that really add up to the overall experience. The post-up game feels so much more intuitive. For vets of the series it does take some time to adjust to Y (or triangle) being the post-up button, but it really frees up the triggers and right stick to pull off quick moves in the post. The game was running so smooth I felt like they could release it right now and it would be a smash.

They didn't allow me to play any My Player or ask any questions about Association. But purely from a gameplay standpoint, 2K12 is on point. Oh, and the jump shooting feels SO much smoother. Didn't run into any of those jerky-jerky animations that sometimes happened during catch-and-shoot situations. Thanks again guys for the kind words.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Last year, only the point guard could start a set play but for teams like the Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers, this was not realistic. Play initiators are a specific number of players on each team who will have the ability to call plays, so even though LeBron James does not play point guard, he will be able to start a play.
Best part of the article for me.

Though I'm not sure what plays would they assign to the Lakers now that Mike Brown is the head coach and the Triangle "might" not be used anymore.

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 AM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (CBS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Thanks for all the positive feedback on the story. There were so many little gameplay additions that they've made that really add up to the overall experience. The post-up game feels so much more intuitive. For vets of the series it does take some time to adjust to Y (or triangle) being the post-up button, but it really frees up the triggers and right stick to pull off quick moves in the post. The game was running so smooth I felt like they could release it right now and it would be a smash.

They didn't allow me to play any My Player or ask any questions about Association. But purely from a gameplay standpoint, 2K12 is on point. Oh, and the jump shooting feels SO much smoother. Didn't run into any of those jerky-jerky animations that sometimes happened during catch-and-shoot situations. Thanks again guys for the kind words.
Great write up man and from the vids shown so far i think shooting will be the best part about the game. Thank You Beluba! I remember him saying that he loves the mid range game...

oh btw...get ready to get bombarded with questions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #16
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Great write up man and from the vids shown so far i think shooting will be the best part about the game. Thank You Beluba! I remember him saying that he loves the mid range game...

oh btw...get ready to get bombarded with questions
Thanks. I will. I'm on the West Coast now so I'm going to bed but I will do my best to answer questions.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ken Griffey Jr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »