Home

Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

This is a discussion on Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

I think the change is warranted, last year I owned both Madden and NCAA and didn't unwrap Madden until December(NCAA was that good). This year I have already saved my draft classes and have started a franchise in Madden even though it still needs to be patched. I am currently debating selling NCAA this.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #18
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7

This happens every year.

Not sure why people STILL don't get it.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
It also has a lot to do with people overrating it when it was first released. 2,700+ people, over 50%, said the game was GREAT when it was released. Lets be honest, the game was not GREAT then and its not GREAT now. At best it was good then and its good now. But people were antipating this game and were so excited for it so they get the game, maybe play 1 or 2 games and are still on that excitement high and come on here and say the game is amazing.
Said perfectly.
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I wonder if sports games generally fall into this pattern or if NCAA 12 is unique. I'm still loving the game and would rate it as great, even without the patch.

I'd like to see what people say about two weeks to a month after the patch.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
It's called the "Honeymoon Effect." Most relationships start out great.

But over time, flaws you didn't notice at first start popping up.

Then you keep having to deal with these flaws over and over again, and your relationship with the game rapidly deteriorates.

Next thing you know, the game's taken your house, half your money and Little Jimmy and Sara.

WHY, NCAA 12!? WHY???!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #22
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
As I'm sure others have said, it's a matter of a) the game just being released + b) the patch being "slow" to come out. People were expecting fixes sooner, hopefully EA delayed them a bit to make sure they were right.

A lot of the comments in the poll said that people voted bad but were waiting to see how the patch changes things and if it makes it better. I'd expect the number to go back up.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

We shouldn't have to withhold our final verdict on a game for 2 months because of a patch, especially considering how much time EA had before the college fball season began. Push the game back till it's more polished.
I love how EA can make a "behind the making of" to boost sales instead of working on presentation, gameplay, or 7 year old commentary. I've been playing sports games since 10 Yard Fight and R.B.I. Baseball, I'm trading my copy of this game next week to help preorder a copy of NBA2K12. I'm done with EA
Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
As I'm sure others have said, it's a matter of a) the game just being released + b) the patch being "slow" to come out. People were expecting fixes sooner, hopefully EA delayed them a bit to make sure they were right.

A lot of the comments in the poll said that people voted bad but were waiting to see how the patch changes things and if it makes it better. I'd expect the number to go back up.
I've said it elsewhere...Take as long as you want with the whole patch, but a hotfix for the tendency bug w/named rosters should have been out several weeks ago

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »