Home

FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Man City user made Fifa looks like a pinball game. *SMH* It's so typical also:

Sprint on wings, lead passes, go for cross with ease... Not loving it to be honest...
I thought the Barca guy was just as bad with the pass-initiate run-pass back-repeat. I love the responsiveness of FIFA but absolutely hate the movement. It's way to quick, hectic, and free at times. You shouldn't be able to turn on a dime like the user with Iniesta did about 3-4 times in a row. What's the point of playing with Barca if you can't get the most of Xavi whom this guy had on the wing making runs. The game is so fast that it strips it of the physicality. Not once did someone receive a ball in the midfield under any type of real pressure because the user can one-touch pass and place it perfectly. I didn't even see one foul.

I don't know if I want to drop $60 because of licenses.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
It looks like FIFA 11. Shame on you EA.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
It looks like FIFA 11. Shame on you EA.
I agree. Doesn't look very different at all but I will reserve judgment until I play the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I thought the Barca guy was just as bad with the pass-initiate run-pass back-repeat. I love the responsiveness of FIFA but absolutely hate the movement. It's way to quick, hectic, and free at times. You shouldn't be able to turn on a dime like the user with Iniesta did about 3-4 times in a row. What's the point of playing with Barca if you can't get the most of Xavi whom this guy had on the wing making runs. The game is so fast that it strips it of the physicality. Not once did someone receive a ball in the midfield under any type of real pressure because the user can one-touch pass and place it perfectly. I didn't even see one foul.

I don't know if I want to drop $60 because of licenses.
You nailed it KG. The only reason that bothers me in PES12 are the licenses. I think I'm gonna go with PES 12 this year, and use edit files. It looks very unrealistic to me. Too bad, graphics is really nice in FIFA.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Hmmm, not really impressed but I will still wait till the 13th to see what FIFA 12 plays like.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksh5
A pretty irresponsible video for showcasing the games new features. I really wanted to see more of the tactical defending and close-quarter dribbling i've been reading about. But I suppose maybe that wasn't what this was meant to do. Also, holy sprint and 1-2 pass! I've never played online but if this is how the majority of the world plays the game, I will continue to keep to myself. I just hope manager mode is fun again.
You should try online play.

I'd say 7/10 of the people are like that, but there are some who actually know the game, and make it very realistic. Whenever I find somebody like that I add them. So now I have a bunch of "FIFA friends" and if I want to play online I will usually just send one of them an invite. It's nice to play against a human every now and then

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-05-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Just looking at it i dont see enough change in there to warrant buying a new game after i just got Fifa 11 a couple months ago. And this video was not good to showcase because the speed was way too fast and all they did was 1-2 pass the whole time. As someone else said, if this is how people play online then i'll stick to offline games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #16
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
You should try online play.

I'd say 7/10 of the people are like that, but there are some who actually know the game, and make it very realistic. Whenever I find somebody like that I add them. So now I have a bunch of "FIFA friends" and if I want to play online I will usually just send one of them an invite. It's nice to play against a human every now and then
Typo? I'm thinking 9.7/10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »