Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Arrives For PC and Mac

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Arrives For PC and Mac within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Arrives For PC and Mac

EA SPORTS ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 12: THE MASTERS ON THE PC AND MAC

PC and Mac Gamers Now Have Opportunity to Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., – September 6, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today the release of its highly popular Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters video game for the PC and Mac® platforms. Golf enthusiasts and gamers can now experience the iconic Masters Tournament and Augusta National Golf Club on a PC or Mac for the first time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history. An additional 14 championship courses are included, such as Pebble Beach®, St. Andrews Links®, and TPC™ at Sawgrass.

Boxed copies of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters on the PC/Mac are now available for purchase at EA’s Origin.com for $39.99 MSRP as well as other retailers. Each copy of the game includes a three-month membership to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Online*, an authentic golf experience streamed directly through a web browser. As a member, gamers will have access to additional features such as expanded multiplayer modes, additional courses and group tournaments.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters for PC/Mac will include a host of gameplay features including:
  • Road to the Masters: Start your journey down the “Road to the Masters” as your career begins on the amateur tour and you work your way through Q-School, Nationwide Tour and the PGA TOUR. Experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament and begin your chase to capture the most sought-after prize in professional golf – the Green Jacket.
  • Masters Moments: Play through memorable, historic moments as you try to measure up against some of the sport’s greatest legends.
  • Tiger at the Masters: Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
  • Inside Augusta: Hole-by-hole descriptions of one of the most famous courses in the world – Augusta National Golf Club.
  • 14 Championship Courses: In addition to Augusta National Golf Club and its Par 3 Course, take on the best of the best on some of the world’s most celebrated courses including Pebble Beach®, St. Andrews Links®, TPC™ at Sawgrass and many more!
  • Photo Game Face: Upload your own image and create your golfer using the Photo Game Face technology.
For PC owners only, a digital download version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters is available on Origin.com. All PC copies of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters will have Origin integrated. Gamers will receive automatic updates for the game, fast access to downloadable content, and real-time chat with friends via Origin’s in-game overlay. In addition, playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters allows you to start the game at one location, suspend it, go home and pick up the action exactly where you left off – without needing a disc.

For more information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters, visit http://www.easports.com/golf or follow the game on Twitter™ at http://www.twitter.com/EASPORTS_Tiger and Facebook® at http://www.facebook.com/TigerWoodsPGATOUR.

EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

*Internet Connection, Unity Web Player and EA account registration required. Must be 13+ to register for an EA account.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Arrives For PC and Mac

For anyone who has bought the game:

Does the game play like the console game or Tiger Woods Online? Are we able to use game pads instead of a mouse and keyboard?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Will pick up on Friday on Payday...and try to get some Youtube videos up..
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheller
For anyone who has bought the game:

Does the game play like the console game or Tiger Woods Online? Are we able to use game pads instead of a mouse and keyboard?
TW Online and mouse/keyboard only. Can't recommend this one at all just like I can't recommend TW Online unless you like purely arcade Golf games....TW12 for the iPad is a far better game and far more challenging.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the heads up Divot. I tried out TW Online this weekend and did find it too easy. I have a trackball for a mouse, so using a mouse to play was out of the question. I used the 3 click method and shot a -8 from the black tees. Too easy and not as fun. I did run all settings at the highest lvl and found the scenery to be outstanding. Oh well, back to the PS3 for my golf fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I really wouldn't mind playing this game with my 360 controller on PC. Mouse and keyboard would be fine too I guess. I just wish there was a demo to be honest as I haven't played a golf game in years and not sure if I would like it.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
I really wouldn't mind playing this game with my 360 controller on PC. Mouse and keyboard would be fine too I guess. I just wish there was a demo to be honest as I haven't played a golf game in years and not sure if I would like it.
There is a Demo on Origin. A one hole demo of the 18th at Augusta. I was completely unimpressed with the demo and gameplay.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Overall game is crap and you can't play with a controller, it's completely keyboard and mouse....and it's so boring...There is already an update when you install and run for the first time, don't know what it actually improved.

But this game sucks...I got the graphics on Super and it still looks like polygons hell....

Last edited by Behindshadows; 09-08-2011 at 12:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »