Home

NHL 12 - Player Ratings

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Player Ratings within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Get rid of the overall ratings altogether! They're completely arbitrary and mean absolutely nothing. Individual skill attributes are what actually describes a player...
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbro73
Get rid of the overall ratings altogether! They're completely arbitrary and mean absolutely nothing. Individual skill attributes are what actually describes a player...
This!!! This would make the game much better.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Quick question... why does Ryan Getzlaf look like he's balding in his picture???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NHL 12 - Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Quick question... why does Ryan Getzlaf look like he's balding in his picture???
Have you seen Getzlaf? He is balding.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
What you're talking about there is exactly the direction this franchise needs to take.

Every hockey game is different, every game of NHL is the exact same. Hockey is a game of a million individual decisions. Those individual decisions are based off of that players natural skill "attributes" and tendencies. That's why this game is complete **** because everybody tries to do the exact same thing with every player in the game regardless of their attributes.

Last edited by ruddamucker; 09-06-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #14
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
Man these are crap. Nearly everyone on the Oilers, the last place team, are above 80. Basically everyone but goons are 80, and even the goons are high 70s.

Time for a change EA. I would be all for the ratings that are extremely wide apart (cant think of any specific games I've played that have this, but recall it in a couple basketball games). Make the 4th line guys as low as 50-60 overall, and only the absolute best above 90. CHL players could be in the 20s and 30s, but have drastic improvements from year to year.

Whats the point of a 1-99 scale when every player is above 60? Madden is just as bad.

Sigh.
Spoken from a true hockey fan!!!! I'm very happy you said that. I actually don't know if I've ever heard someone say that the players on their favorite team should be rated lower. You obviously know the game. My jaw dropped when I saw that the Oil were an 88 OVR on Offense. This has got to be a joke. No wonder why we don't see enough team separation in this game. The ratings are so rigged it's not even funny. I really want to know how they determine these. I'm actually tempted to edit every players ratings to see if I can find a little more separation between the teams and players.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #15
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Great point! I hate to keep bringing up The Show in every single thread but they have it 100% correct. A players OVR bar could be half full but they can still be great at hitting, pitching, defense. For example Jim Thome. He's a great hitter, obviously not a fielder. So his OVR bar is just above half way due to his terrible defense. That doesn't affect his hitting though. Each part to the game plays a different role. If they did this for NHL this game would be that much better. All most people worry about is OVR. That shouldn't be the case.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Spoken from a true hockey fan!!!! I'm very happy you said that. I actually don't know if I've ever heard someone say that the players on their favorite team should be rated lower. You obviously know the game. My jaw dropped when I saw that the Oil were an 88 OVR on Offense. This has got to be a joke. No wonder why we don't see enough team separation in this game. The ratings are so rigged it's not even funny. I really want to know how they determine these. I'm actually tempted to edit every players ratings to see if I can find a little more separation between the teams and players.
It`s going to be one of my hockey season projects.....all NHL players will be edited.

The first order of business, after I tune the game`s sliders so that game play is spot on,...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »