Home

NHL 12 - Player Ratings

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Player Ratings within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #17
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NHL 12 - Player Ratings

It looks like I wont be starting a Be A GM for at least a month like last year, thats how long it takes me to edit the rosters top to bottom AGAIN. I sort of enjoy it, but the luster wears off a bit.

Stuff that annoys me as well is seeing the Oilers trio of stud blue chip rookies Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi all rated 82, thats just lazy EA. Realistic overalls would be Hall 82, Eberle, 80-81, Paajarvi 79, but with their stats better reflected. I doubt Paajarvi has great skating ability or good two way play, or that Eberle has ridiculous dekeing ability and wrist shot but poor to average skating ability.

Nah, just make them all 82 ovr, thats easier than doing research. I know I use Oiler examples as its the team I follow, but these things are on every roster every year, hence why guys like matt are so busy this time of year.

Oilers I would drop ratings of straight away:
Horcoff 84-83
Gagner 84-82
Hemsky 87-85 (Also lower his injury rating to the minimum)
Gilbert 83-82/81
Brule 82-79 (wont even make opening night roster this year)
Cogliano 81-79/80 (also move him to ANH)
Omark 81-79/80 (still decent potential though, maybe B or B-)
Smid 82-81
Strudwick 81-78
Egar 79-77/78
Hordichuk 79-75/76

Only guys I'd raise:
Jones 80-81 (even then last yr was likely a fluke)

That of course doesnt take into account their actual ratings, but man OVRs are way off.

Last edited by Donovan; 09-06-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
It looks like I wont be starting a Be A GM for at least a month like last year, thats how long it takes me to edit the rosters top to bottom AGAIN. I sort of enjoy it, but the luster wears off a bit.

Stuff that annoys me as well is seeing the Oilers trio of stud blue chip rookies Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi all rated 82, thats just lazy EA. Realistic overalls would be Hall 82, Eberle, 80-81, Paajarvi 79, but with their stats better reflected. I doubt Paajarvi has great skating ability or good two way play, or that Eberle has ridiculous dekeing ability and wrist shot but poor to average skating ability.

Nah, just make them all 82 ovr, thats easier than doing research. I know I use Oiler examples as its the team I follow, but these things are on every roster every year, hence why guys like matt are so busy this time of year.

Oilers I would drop ratings of straight away:
Horcoff 84-83
Gagner 84-82
Hemsky 87-85 (Also lower his injury rating to the minimum)
Gilbert 83-82/81
Brule 82-79 (wont even make opening night roster this year)
Cogliano 81-79/80 (also move him to ANH)
Omark 81-79/80 (still decent potential though, maybe B or B-)
Smid 82-81
Strudwick 81-78
Egar 79-77/78
Hordichuk 79-75/76

Only guys I'd raise:
Jones 80-81 (even then last yr was likely a fluke)

That of course doesnt take into account their actual ratings, but man OVRs are way off.
Your pretty much spot on with those ratings. I really don't understand what EA is thinking when it comes to rating players. On a different note I think I saw that Mattg is making his rosters for 360 this year instead of PS3. I'm pretty excited for that since you can actually convert someone else roster file to get it on your hard drive. I hear he's done a pretty good job with the PS3 rosters.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
Rookie

cyborgdholliday's Arena

OVR: 0

Stuart higher than Kronwall... Ha.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #20
Rookie

Vince63760's Arena

OVR: 0

What's that sheet Stephane Da Costa only have 70 and no picture
Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #21
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince63760
What's that sheet Stephane Da Costa only have 70 and no picture
No offence but how good is a he supposed to be? Taylor Hall was a 74 last yr as a rookie (I believe?), he's not that good. Although the way EA rates people this year I'm surprised he isn't an 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

It seems that after the top 3-4 guys for each team EA just makes everyone in the same 80-85 range with the exact same attributes for skating, shooting, checking, everything. There is no roster out of the box worse than NHL's. Really disappointing, again. Going to have to go through and at least edit all the Caps' players to somewhat reflect their true talents.

It'd be nice if they let us share rosters again, but that nice feature has also gone by the wayside.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #23
Rookie

Calvert's Arena

OVR: 2
I'm a little stunned that a player who had just one fewer goal than Alex Ovechkin in 17 fewer games played only got an 83. Stafford is probably the worst rated 30-goal scorer (41 goals when extrapolated to a full 82 game season, the equivalent of Daniel Sedin and Ryan Kesler) in this game's history. Of course, being a Sabre probably has a great deal to do with that. If Stafford had been a Ranger or a Flyer he probably would have gotten an 89.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #24
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert
I'm a little stunned that a player who had just one fewer goal than Alex Ovechkin in 17 fewer games played only got an 83. Stafford is probably the worst rated 30-goal scorer (41 goals when extrapolated to a full 82 game season, the equivalent of Daniel Sedin and Ryan Kesler) in this game's history. Of course, being a Sabre probably has a great deal to do with that. If Stafford had been a Ranger or a Flyer he probably would have gotten an 89.
With Roy at 88 and Pominville at 87, I didn't think anyone would say that being a Sabre could lower a player's rating!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »