Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrombleacher
Maybe because 2k isn't letting the writers unveil new stuff?
I believe you'd be correct. 2K can't necessarily tell these publications what they have to write about, but I do believe they have the ability to tell them what they can't write about. I'm sure there's some sort of non-disclosure agreement made regarding what features can or cannot be mentioned. I know I've read about previews being on hold until a certain date to appease game developers. Either that, or 2K only provides a limited look at the game as a means to save certain reveals for when they feel it's right (such as the My Player reveals this week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
Am I the only one who read 1992 Knicks?? This is the second time I hear about a team in the game that was not originally listed ('08 Celtics). I'm growing a little more suspicious about possible DLC. Are the reviewers being misinformed about what teams they're using or are there more teams?
I remain a heavy skeptic in that regard. With 34 classic teams from all different years, listing the wrong year seems like a relatively easy typo to make if one is not a die-hard NBA archivist.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-07-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Am I the only one who read 1992 Knicks?? This is the second time I hear about a team in the game that was not originally listed ('08 Celtics). I'm growing a little more suspicious about possible DLC. Are the reviewers being misinformed about what teams they're using or are there more teams?
bold: badly wanted
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry. I'd rather have less teams but no DLC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

I would love to play with the 92 or 93 Knicks, they had the best battles of all of the Knicks teams in the 90's against the 90's Bulls.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

the WORST thing that happened to industry is when someone says DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #14
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
The shoot button is still the shoot button. This just means that the shot stick has been given more control.
yea. thats pretty much what I figured. just wanted to state my opinion on that matter. I'm sure this is good news to people who like the shot stick though.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any word about bounce passes? I still play nba2k7 and love the game to death. After reading last year that bounce passes weren't the best I decided to skip it. NBA2k12 will be a purchase for me without a doubt and I'm sure a big change as I haven't played any other nba2k game since 2k7. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
All I'm hearing about is NBA's Greatest and jumping over the scorers table lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »