Home

Madden NFL 12 Sales Rise 10% in Week One Over Last Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Sales Rise 10% in Week One Over Last Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 12 Sales Rise 10% in Week One Over Last Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Thats great news that sales are up considering the game is so improved. Maybe they'll now get the hint that if they improve it even more that sales will go up again next year..
History says no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
History says no.
History can be thrown out the window. They have a new management team and they have doubled the size of the game play team.

Time will tell.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

I didn't not buy Madden because i don't want to support EA. I can care less who makes the game. If the game is good i'll buy it. But i'm not just pissing away $60 on a mediocre football game that i'll get bored with in a few weeks. I dont get bored with NCAA like that.
Interesting take, I was the complete opposite with NCAA this year. No patch made for boredom, collected dust for 2 months, traded in for Madden.

Playing Madden non-stop.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #28
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Great for EA, bad for anyone that ever wanted to see a true NFL sim, or see the NFL allow other companies to get a shot at creating a game.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #29
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Expected to hear this, the game is much better than it has been. As a football gamer I don't think this is good news at all even tho I am enjoying it. I'm still playing the same football game that I have been playing for a decade and Madden/NCAA success only guarantees that will continue to be the case.

Before people post pointing it out, I bought the game using credit card points instead of actual money. I realize I still purchased the game and only helped EA stay the only football game in town by doing that. No need to remind me.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #30
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Before people post pointing it out, I bought the game using credit card points instead of actual money. I realize I still purchased the game and only helped EA stay the only football game in town by doing that. No need to remind me.
No need to defend your purchase KJ. It is what it is .
Old 09-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 2
I think it's natural that the sales would rise 10% ... I just bought it as a matter of fact after not purchasing Madden for the last 2 years (since 09) and 09 was only purchased because of Head Coach was included. I'm sure I'm not the only one of the original Madden fans that are doing similar things now.

I didn't buy NCAA this year as it got into the same bucket as Madden in my eyes. Fact is, EA hasn't presented the improvements needed year in and year out to warrant an every year purchase anymore. Having only played last night, I enjoyed the game, it's a refreshing Madden having not played in basically 3 years; however, at the same time it's those things that haven't got fixed or that get overlooked or in the terms of PS3 graphics that really leave you scratching your head and foregoing next year.

The Madden/NCAA teams really need to stand back and reapply themselves because other EA teams are really putting them to shame year in and year out as it stands now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #32
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
On their MUT team statement I will say they are responsible for my 1 DNF I've ever recorded in a game. I played online against a guy who basically had the same team and I couldn't take it anymore after the first quarter.

To each their own though? I am enjoying the heck out of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »