Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - My Player Paychecks and Create a Legend (USA Today)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - My Player Paychecks and Create a Legend (USA Today) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - My Player Paychecks and Create a Legend (USA Today)

USA Today checks in with their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview, going over such things as paychecks in My Player mode and a few tidbits on Create a Legend mode.

Quote:
After signing my new contract, I check out some of the other interesting components to My Player. Each created player gets a "paycheck" every two weeks, and that money goes toward improving skills, developing chemistry with teammates and more. For example, I could choose to attend a Youth Camp with a NBA Legend, or join the rest of my teammates for a bowling night.

During the season, players can compete in an extensive series of drills to bolster their abilities and fast track them to star status. This same structure applies to Creating a Legend mode, which is the same as My Player, only you can control any current NBA player. So, if you're a Blake Griffin fan, you can help guide him toward a Hall of Fame future.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12 Preview (USA Today)

Thanks for the linkage, the paycheck feature sounds pretty cool.

All I have to do know is wait for the game to go on sale at D2d or steam and I'm all in.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Create a Legend mode sounds promising.......But I think I will wait until the Roster Update so I can control Isaiah Thomas!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Well alteast now we know what the Create A Legend mode is about
Quote:
This same structure applies to Creating a Legend mode, which is the same as My Player, only you can control any current NBA player. So, if you're a Blake Griffin fan, you can help guide him toward a Hall of Fame future.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

"For example, I could choose to attend a Youth Camp with a NBA Legend, or join the rest of my teammates for a bowling night."

These are the types of RPG elements that make My Player feel like you are actually a player in the NBA, both on AND off the court. If they do this right, and a ton of options for spending your paycheck, it could really be something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
"For example, I could choose to attend a Youth Camp with a NBA Legend, or join the rest of my teammates for a bowling night."

These are the types of RPG elements that make My Player feel like you are actually a player in the NBA, both on AND off the court. If they do this right, and a ton of options for spending your paycheck, it could really be something.
agree, they don't need to turn it into a spend $ on your crib but they could really create something interesting with the idea of paychecks.

more money could lead to "host youth camp", "host youth summer camp", "host dinner for teammates" and things like that to increase unity or even stave off stat decline as you age.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

Create a Legend does sound cool. In wonder if it will be similar to My Player in regards to spending skill points to increase abilities.

Ken Griffey Jr.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8
Sounds like its got a ton of potential, cant wait to try it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »