Home

NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game)

These videos are also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game)

practically zero stoppages. nobody goes offside, nobody ices the puck....or are those settings all off?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
practically zero stoppages. nobody goes offside, nobody ices the puck....or are those settings all off?
Ha, no I did not turn offsides or icing off.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
If I remember right, if you turn the passing accuracy slider to zero, you'll get more icing calls.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks as always, Chase.

The majority of what I see here....I like quite a bit. In fact, pretty pleased.

If I remember right, Chase...you usually play on All-Star [hardcore], if that's what I was looking at, this will serve me well. I was pleasantly surprised at times, how fairly aggressive the AI was defensively. So overall...I liked what I saw, gameplay wise.

However, kinda disappointed about how the post goal celebrations are handled this year. Not really liking the cut scene to the crowd first, and really no players seen celebrating the goal on ice. Also no 3 stars announcement after the game. What's up with that? In these two areas, the game imo, has gone backwards. The game just doesn't need presentation value taken away. Strange decisions. I know the commentary is getting stale now. But I do think its still dang good though.

But again...digging the most valuable part of any sports game...the gameplay!

Thanks again for doing this for us, Chase!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Thanks as always, Chase.

The majority of what I see here....I like quite a bit. In fact, pretty pleased.

If I remember right, Chase...you usually play on All-Star [hardcore], if that's what I was looking at, this will serve me well. I was pleasantly surprised at times, how fairly aggressive the AI was defensively. So overall...I liked what I saw, gameplay wise.

However, kinda disappointed about how the post goal celebrations are handled this year. Not really liking the cut scene to the crowd first, and really no players seen celebrating the goal on ice. Also no 3 stars announcement after the game. What's up with that? In these two areas, the game imo, has gone backwards. The game just doesn't need presentation value taken away. Strange decisions. I know the commentary is getting stale now. But I do think its still dang good though.

But again...digging the most valuable part of any sports game...the gameplay!

Thanks again for doing this for us, Chase!
I perfer the 5 man canned cutscenes we had last year to what they did this year to be honest. Unless they plan on going full on real time presentation next year/in the near future I'd hope they can just go back to what we had in 11 on goal celebrations.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yep, the goal celebrations are terrible. It really bugs me. The crowd looks poor so what better way to cheapen the best moments of the game than cutting to them? It's almost an anti-climax when it happens!

I'm disappointed with this year's iteration to be honest. After all the talk of TV companies involved in overhauling the presentation, they've made it considerably worse.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like I will need to adjust the sliders to make the game more realistic. Each side must have had 100 shots each which is far from realistic. Zero defense, no offsides, no icing..........put me down for concerned if this is how the game plays out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »