Home

NHL 12 - Team Ratings

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Team Ratings within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #9
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
I think some of these ratings are misleading. After looking at the rosters video, McCabe and Prospal were still on the NY Rangers rosters. So, those team ratings are not what the opening day ratings will be...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Orange's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Predators' blue alternates are in!
I don't know how much I like the Home and Aways though..... We'll see.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Rookie

cyborgdholliday's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 - Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan1616
Silly Flyers fan....the Sabres are one of the best teams in the NHL this year. Pegula spent tons of money on awesome players just to add to our current roster of great players. Vanek, Ennis, Gerbe, Miller, Myers, etc. Our Offense is over a 90 because of Vanek, Ennis, Gerbe, Leino (Thanks for him) Roy, etc. Our Defense is over a 90 because of Myers, Erhoff, Regier, Leapold, etc. Then Goaltender is over a 90 because (Do I really need to do this? Well, I guess I will) Miller is in the Top 5 best Goaltenders in the league, plus our back-up Jhonas Enroth played extremely well last year. The only reason you guys won the first round of the Play-offs last year was the Refs might as well been wearing flyers jerseys. Should I remind you of the play-offs after the Lockout?? How about Gerbe's backhand goal against you guys last year. Our only fault last year was our weak defense. Now with Erhoff and Regier....look out. Buffalo is coming to get you this year.

Buffalo has a pretty good defensive corps, and a top 5 goalie in the league, I'd say, but their offense leaves little to be desired beyond Roy and Vanek. They are especially thin down the middle, so much that a lot of Sabres fans were theoretically discussing the possibility of Leino playing Center. Take the homer glasses off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
Rookie

kjataa00's Arena

OVR: 3

Some horrible team ratings in there. . .

ANA Off 78 - I hate Corey Perry and his goon **** but Getzlaf and Ryan should boost up that Off...
BUF Off 92 - Really? BUf's problem has been their inconsistent Offense. It's better but 92?
COL Off 87 - Seriously? This team sucks.
CLB Off 80 Def 80 Goa 77 - Team is slightly under-rated in all three imo. I think they made some nice off-season moves.
DAL Off 77 Def 89 - Middle of the road Def last year.
EDM Off 88 Def 85 - They are young and talented but they were the worst team in the league with horrible Off and Def...
NYI Off 81 - Should be slightly better.
NYR Off 95 - LOL! Apparently one player takes a bad offense and makes it the best in the league.
PIT Off 95 - They depend on two players. Not 95 worthy imo.
STL Off 92 - I see them as a possible break-out team but COME ON!
TB Off 85 Def 88 - Really? One of the top Off in the league and one of the bottom Def in the league but these are the ratings?
TOR Off 92 Def 87 GOA 73- Seriously? I know they barely missed the playoffs but they were pretty bad until Reimer showed up.

WSH Off 84 Def 88 GOA 95 - Really? I get their Off was bad last year and they chocked inthe playoffs but the best Offense in 10 years the year before is an 84 now? and their Defense which was one of the best in the league is only 88? They outscored TOR by .07 GF for the year and their GA is .60 lower then TOR's. So apparently scoring 6 more goals gets you a rating of 8 less and allowing 59 less goals gets you just 1 higher.

I don't understand any of those ratings.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Well I can see why the simming is still off.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I knew sending the NHL devs a few buckets of chicken wings would do the trick.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Well I can see why the simming is still off.
Who said simming was still off? The stats I've seen from people seemed good for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone gotten an answer as to why the team ratings are insanely out of whack.

Ottawa can't score period yet Dallas has the worst offense in the game?

I'd put their team even without Richards up against at least half of the league. Which I think is where they were in scoring last year 14th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »